Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Our Babies- October 2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The babies are growing faster by the day, and I just can't keep up. In the morning, it seems like I'm just rushing through the motions, trying to get breakfast served, diapers changed, hair and teeth brushed- and then by the end of the night, I'm wondering how we flew through story time, and what caused our 4:00 tantrum to go down so epically. And somewhere in all of that... my babies grew one day older, and I most likely missed it. Unless I caught a new word or imaginary friend out of the corner of my eye, I had to go on living life, and as much as I would have loved to sit around staring at their changing faces- I just can't.

So I'd like to take a few minutes to just think back to a few changes and developments that I've noticed over the last month. Likes, dislikes- things like that.


Eleanore:

You are just over 4 years old. Your favorite toy to date, is a beanie baby kitten, sent to you in a care package from a wonderful friend named Tina.

Your smile is big, and bright. Your laugh, even when forced, is full of energy.

Your imaginary friend Piglet seems to be on vacation, on most days being replaced by "Ollie" the bunny or "Rosebud" the puppy.

You hate meat, you never want to eat it. You'd rather throw it at your Daddy, and end up eating it off of the floor. You love applesauce, popcorn, and pancakes. If we'd pile all of those things onto your plate, you'd never go to bed hungry.

You're forgetting your basic manners. We've taught you well, but when you're angry, as you often are, you seem to let them slip your mind. I'm constantly reminding you to sit up in your chair, chew with your mouth closed, don't push past your brother up the stairs, look at me when I'm talking to you, sit with your knees closed so we don't show the entire neighborhood your Tinkerbell panties- but for the most part, you're a good little girl.

I know that I need to spend more one on one time with you. And believe me sweetheart, I'm trying. I woke up at 6:00 this morning, to get my personal blogging and photography time out of the way, just so that I would have a clear mind to sit down and play ponies with you after breakfast.


Charlie:

You're 22 months old.

You've been through so much, since your baby sister was born 2 months ago. You went from being the baby, to being the middle child. I can't say that I know what that feels like, but I know that your heartache is slowly turning into love and acceptance.

You love trucks, trains, cars, tractors- anything with wheels.

You understand how to remember things now. You've started saying "Remember tractor? Remember fire station? Remember pumpkin patch?!". You're constantly asking Me and Daddy if we remember our adventures, and you won't settle for a simple "yes". You want us to go into the full story, with details. So we do. And you love it.

You have tubes in your ears!

You're a very picky eater. You hate to sit in your high chair, you'd rather run around and play, coming back to Mommy and Daddy's plates for bites. You love meat, the opposite of your older sister. Chicken, hamburger, fish, bacon bits- you'll pick the tiniest piece out of a bowl of homemade gravy, leaving a biscuit mushy mess behind.

You cry for your sippy as soon as you wake up in the morning, and its the end of the world if the straw isn't in your mouth before you get to the bottom of the stairs.


Evelyn:

You're 2 1/2 months old.

You're asleep in the swing behind me as I type this, your brother and sister asleep upstairs in their beds. I take you everywhere with me. I never leave you in another room.

You're starting to follow things across the room. Rather than staring blankly at whatever it is that baby's stare at, you'll watch Mommy or Daddy walk away from you.

I caught you talking to your sea animal friends on your swing mobile earlier. Hello turtle, hello fish, hello whale! Cute little baby noises, that I hope we'll hear more of as you grow. You have a beautiful voice, speak up.

You're almost sleeping through the night. You wake up once or twice for half feedings, only nursing off of one breast instead of two.

You're getting better at holding your head up. You're not as strong as your brother and sister were at your age, but you'll get there. I'm trying to make it a point to give you extra tummy time and bicycle your legs regularly.

You hate it when you wake up and you're in the sleepy wrap. You scream at me. You scream so hard that you sweat. And then you pass out, because you exhausted yourself. I know its hot in there, and you can't move, but- Mommy has three babies to take care of, two of them much more mobile than you are. Its not a torture device, I just want to hold you close to my heart.



I can't say it enough.
I love you all, my babies.

16 comments:

- Jessi - October 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

They're all so pretty & handsome. The diaper hanging out of your son's pants is cute. I wish my 2 month old would take a paci.

They call me mommy... October 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

What a beautiful post, I love that you spoke about each of them individually, very sweet! I might have to steal your idea since I have been having a mega blog brain fart lately! beautiful pictures too!

Giggly October 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Awww, you are so blessed Tia. XOXOXOX

Desiree October 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Your children are so beautiful <3 <3 (As are YOU, mama!)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama October 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

You have such a beautiful family. Love your stories.

beka October 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

How sweet is that.
Someday, in like a decade or less, you'll go back and read this post and be like "aww....i remember those days." :) Wonderful good things, and some little parts you don't care to remember. hehhe:)

jessicajane October 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

how sweet. i loved reading this. your children are just as beautiful as you are.

Colleen October 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Such a sweet way to remember the "little" everyday things.

Kalii October 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

This is so great. I feel so honored that I can call these 3 amazing children my god children. BTW Drew and I are working on a scrapbook for the kids. :)

-Kalii

Jessie C October 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

You have the cutest kids, especially Charlie. Aw! :D I love this post.

muffintopdesigns October 29, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

i am weepy as i read this. sigh! you are blessed, lady!!!! (and i am too!)

xoxoxo

jill October 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

this is so sweet. you are an amazing mother to three awesome kids!

Adriana October 31, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

so sweet. i have tears in my eyes.

Post a Comment