Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Thank god for SPANX.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Alright. Its time to talk about my post pregnancy body for a minute. Ladies, if you've had a baby, you know exactly where I'm coming from. Or if you haven't, and maybe just had one too many PBR's, you might have some empathy. So... I housed a person inside my stomach for 9 months. Twice. Well, two separate people, at two separate times. Anyways. I wasn't a small girl to begin with. I've always been overweight. During my first pregnancy, I gained an awesome 38 pounds. And after the baby came out, the weight decided to stick around. I had never been that heavy in my life. Finally, this past year, after I got all of my food allergies under control, the weight came off. And as soon as it did, I got pregnant again. Which was good, because we had been trying for a solid year. Of course, I was scared that this time I'd gain even more weight, and have to go through another 2 years of doing everything I could to lose it and failing. Instead, I lost 8 lbs. What the heck, is going on?! So, here I am, 6 weeks postpartum, having lost all of my baby weight and then some, but am stuck with the mama tummy. You know what I'm talking about. The very reason mom jeans were invented. My maternity pants are all too big, and fall down when I move. But my regular jeans are way too tight, only in the stomach of course, which is an entire size bigger than the rest of my body. Stretched out and flabby. "You just had a baby, it takes time!"... right, well, sweats get old people, and its not so great for the self esteem to have to wear them 24-7. But, you guys, finally!!! ...I'm all healed from my surgery, and have rediscovered the magic known to us lady-humans, as SPANX. I lived in them before my pregnancy. Not only because they smoothed me out, but they also did wonders for my Endometriosis. However, wearing them while drinking... not the best idea, haha. The first time I ever wore them, I threw back 6 screwdrivers. How do you go pee with SPANX on? Good question right. Yeah, well, it wasn't pretty. We'll have to leave it at that. I have three pairs by the way, that I wear in rotation. And I'd like to add that I can't even button my jeans without them on. They're like a tummy tuck in a box. The combination of my new haircut, my new makeup (just ordered yesterday, I can't wait until it gets here!), my new ridiculously large supportive bras, and my SPANX... I feel like a new woman. Now if I could just find 15 minutes a day to pull it all together...

10 comments:

LeaKarts February 5, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

I feel ya there! No amount of crunches will ever get rid of my mama-tummy. Spanx rock, but I can't drink OR eat in them or I get really bad heartburn :(

Unknown February 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I know what you mean. I went from 137 lbs. to 194 lbs. during my pregnancy. It was well worth it though. I ate whatever I wanted and didn't feel bad/apologize for it. Thankfully, breastfeeding helped me lose the weight and then some. Gotta love that mother's milk!

Ms. Jessie February 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I wear a tummy smoother thingy that I got at lane bryant a while ago. It helps. I want to see your new hair cut!!!

Rebecca February 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

You don't have to have babies to have a great love for spanx.

They really are a work of art, I tell you!

muffintopdesigns February 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

you are gorgeous - SPANX or not! but we'll see how many SPANX i have to buy after the mini comes!

xoxooxxoxooxoox love ya!

Schaufensterbabe February 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

With a two year old and a 3 month old I can totally relate to this post! :)

Kristin Friesen February 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Oh my god, you just described me exactly. I've only had one baby, but I know exactly what you mean! I know I'm not "fat"... it's just this gut I was left with after my son. And, uh, it's been over 2 years so I don't think I can really call it baby weight anymore. I'm SO going to buy a pair of Spanx tomorrow! I'm sick and tired of my clothes not fitting the way I want them to so hopefully this will help. Thank you so much, this was inspiring!

emily February 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

laughing laughing... and i got your lovely card in the mail yesterday! and now the song is stuck in my head for weeks to come. xo.

Valerie February 16, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

Holy crap! You just opened my eyes, lol!! I totally have that flabby mom tummy (specially since I had a c-section, ick!) and can't fit into ANYTHING. I weighed 137 before I got preggo and shot up to 198 by my 9th month thanks to stupid pre-eclampsia...I'm down (and stuck) at 175, so I just might have to give these a try until I get my thyroid levels fixed! Woohoo, I'm excited! There's hope for me!!!

Cherry Lane Jane April 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I can picture it all now except it's me not you! right baby you love your spanx and the babies that are the reason you wear them:)

Post a Comment