Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Bye Bye The Bob

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last Friday, after Charlie's pre op downtown, my friend Carrie and I drove down to the tow lot, to release The Bob (our broken van) to the insurance company for assessment.

Well- turns out they had already come and gotten it? Can't they not do that?

Wait, so... how do I get our stuff back?!

Go that way on Pine street, merge onto the highway, take a left at the big gray building that says "High Expectations", take the access road down until you see the big white fence, and you can't miss it.

...got all that? Great, lets go!



They brought The Bob to me on a fork lift.
It was sort of awesome.


We found the place, obviously.

But um... based on the report that Christopher had given me after the accident had happened, I was kind of expecting them to present me with a murder scene. This was no graveyard on wheels. Damaged? Yes. Death bed? No.

To be fair though, it was Christopher's first car accident (and hopefully his last), and I'm sure the scene of the crime looked much worse than the bandaged version of The Bob that they brought to me there at the lot.



Totalled, poor Bob. Crumpled up and weakened in a bad spot.

After I circled the scrap metal a couple of times, it was time to collect our things out of the inside. We had left the babies in the car (Charlie and Carrie's son Levi), and randomly I'd hear a "gooo hooome!" peep out of Carrie's open car window, over our giggly girl laughter. Its not that we were laughing at The Bob, just- well wrecking yards are fun!

They had already cleaned out The Bob for us, piling everything in the very back. I went around and double checked under the seats and in the glove compartment, just to be sure. I didn't find anything, so ...farewell The B-

...wait, what the heck?!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of the arm full of stuff that Carrie walked emerged with. Eleanore's toy cat, a changing pad, a Home Depot pencil, a CD. Apparently I'm blind, as are the guys that cleaned the van out before us.

Alright, now its really time to go, The Bob. I love you. I'll miss you. Thank you for keeping my husband safe when he was too busy thinking about work, rather than focusing on the road and stopping at the stop sign like a good roadway participant should.

On the way home, the boys fell asleep. It had been a long morning, and once one set of eyes closed, the other set followed...



Can't see Charlie? Oh hes there, behind Puppy Lovey.
Whats Puppy Lovey?
Yet another thing with a dog face on it that we have to lug around everywhere we go. The full story is coming soon.

So that was that. We went and found The Bob, got our stuff, said our goodbyes, and we were done.

And we got a really rad picture to remember it all by...



RIP The Bob
2007-2010

11 comments:

Colleen October 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Poor Bob. :(

It's sad to lose a car. I was in mourning for a good year when our last mini van died. I still miss it sometimes.

(Love the broken mirror pic.)

Megan Harmeyer October 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Awww. Poor The Bob! Glad your hubs wasn't hurt. Great pics. :)

jill October 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

how cool they brought the bob out on a forklift!!! love that mirror pic too! and so happy everyone is safe. when ryan got in his accident he said the same thing about it being "completely totalled" but it wasnt as bad as i pictured it either. must have to do with actually being in the accident.

Charmaine Poulin October 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

LOVE the last pic. But sad that you've lost your vehicle. So glad that Christopher is ok though!

TexasBobbi October 27, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Your car wreck isn't funny. What is funny is that I have also said goodbye to Bob (1989-2002) we hit a tree and Bob 2(1989-2007) hit by a 16 yer old on 75.

Maggie October 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Great photo! It's hard when they call it totaled and it does not look that bad to you. We had one car that had not a peep of body damage, but the axle had been totally messed up and the wheels were turned and destined to stay that way. I have one more teenage driver to get through!

Stephani Cochran October 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Great post and great pictures! I'm wondering, do you think it was prophetic that you had to drive by a building that said "high expectations?" ;)

beka October 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

That picture of you in the rearview mirror totally rocks.

Anonymous,  October 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Its never hard saying goodbyes to great memories..or a Honda for that matter. Ive had my CRV for a few years and love it..so Im sorry Bob is no longer available. Still glad Christopher is alright.

Anonymous,  October 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Bye bye Bob! I still have a pile of stuff from my old car in my house from cleaning it out when we sold it. It's crazy how much random stuff we store in our cars.

Jessie C October 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

We just lost my husband's car in an accident that was his fault. :/ I posted about it. Your poor van.

Post a Comment