Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Me And My Canon

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The other day I went with my friend/duplex neighbor/friend to the gym, and then to the Commissary, and then to the BX. On the way out of the Commissary, bananas in hand, I saw an ad for the BX- my dream camera nearly jumping off the cover at me. So I picked it up and took it with me. Having something to salivate over never hurt anybody.

Since we had no children with us (haha husbands, suckers), we took our time walking around browsing through things that neither of us needed (and baby clothes, of course). Along our stroll through electronics, I had to stop and bat my eyelashes at a Canon. I picked it up, for just a second, and then set it back down and quickly walked away. Short and sweet, is how I always prefer to keep our encounters.

When I went home that night, I'm sure I gushed about my crush on Mr. Canon, complete with fantasies of us visiting a tropical island together and cute couple nicknames that we might give each other. I might have gotten just a little bit carried away.

But you know what? My husband really loves me, and he didn't seem to mind. The next day, on his lunch break, still suited up in his dress uniform (Ow baby!), he drove to the store and bought me my digital love story. While I was at home making grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches on homemade gluten free bread, he was at the BX putting my new Canon Rebel EOS T1i 500D affair into a bag.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

Want to see a few pictures from mine and Canon's first date? ...





1. The name plate on the outside of our house. It doesn't have Christopher's correct rank on it, even though he got promoted over a year ago. It has both Mr. and Mrs. on there, which makes me happy. This was the first picture I took outside.

2. A chalk scribble that Eleanore had made on the front porch. We've been spending as much time as possible outside lately, and chalk is kind of our go-to activity. Its easy to get out, and easy to walk away from.

3. Homemade marshmallow creme. I needed this for a s'mores cookie bar recipe. Store bought marshmallows and the creme alike give me awful heartburn, so I decided to make my own. I didn't have any corn syrup, and the more I thought about it, I hate corn syrup and I didn't want to use it as an ingredient anyways. I ended up using gelatin, and in the end, it worked. The cookie bars however... well that's another story.

4. My princess. My devilish, adorable, wants to help with everything and hates that shes not 16 years old yet, princess. She helped me make the previously mentioned cookie bars. However, she did not get to taste them, after running away from me at the park earlier on. Not just a little "you can't catch me" type of game, but, running so far out of my reach, that I wasn't sure she could even hear me when I was yelling her name as loud as my lungs would allow. I had to leave the baby behind (there were adults/friends of mine to stay with him) and go after her. I love this little girl, with all of my swollen with affection heart, but she sure is a handful these days.

Hey Canon, we really need to come up with something great to show Christopher how much we love him. We owe him beeg tyime.

21 comments:

jessicajane January 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

yayyyy nice new pics! i like elie's chalk scribble!

lollywood January 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

omg! congrats on the new camera! that is so exciting! i always wish i knew how to use all the functions on my camera...

Christina January 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

So awesome!!! :) Congrats on the new camera!

Lauren January 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Stunning photos Tia. I love them =D.

SillyLittleLady January 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

whoa! those are phenomenal photos! if only all the boys were so sensitive every once in a while ;)

Sarah January 27, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

love love love you and your canon's story.

also love that every time i come to your blog that little bambino on the left sidebar is looking more and more like a actual bambino! SO FUN!!!!

Unknown January 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

You have an amazing husband! :D Congrats on the new camera, and love your shots!

Karin Schueller January 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Love love love. You have such a great eye!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Fallon January 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Nice camera and Husband :) Your photos look great!

Allison January 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Aww. I love the pictures. And my heart made a little extra pitty pat when you said he picked up your camera in his dress uniform. Lol.

Kyla Roma January 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Beautiful!! What lens are you using- is that your kit zoom?

Tia Colleen January 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Thank you everyone, for being just as excited as I am, hee hee. I can't wait to get to know Canon more, and figure him out. I've read the instruction manual more than once, and I think I get most of the functions, but I haven't really had too much time to put two and two together yet.

Kyla I have the basic 18-55mm lense that came with the kit.

April January 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

I am officially in complete envy of Tia Herman! Those are stunning photos! I wonder if I begin a love affair with a new camera, I can get my hubby to cave!!

Congrats to you and I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you do with it. Charlie pics please???

Alyssa S. January 27, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Envy here too. I'm not sure what I'm going to have to do to get me one of them babies!

beka January 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Wow, those pictures..... ohmigoodness. :) Tia, he's definitely a keeper. And I mean both the camera and the hubby. ;)
Aw, that camera.......me wants one. :)

iampalegreen January 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Totally jealous! What gorgeous pictures! Christopher wins the Best Husband Ever award!

Marie January 27, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

LOVE the camera! LOVE your pics!

Carrie January 27, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

love the new pictures! i have a very similar nameplate picture from when it was snowing on christmas eve

Amy January 28, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

WOOHOO! Welcome to the DSLR club!

Now... Get yourself over to Adobe's website and download the free trial of Lightroom 3.0 Beta. TRUST ME. Then, get yourself Gimp (if you don't already have some other sort of photo editing software).

Oh, and tell Christopher that HE DONE GOOD.

Post a Comment