Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

i heart faces: texture

Monday, January 25, 2010

On one of the walls in our living room, just left of the couch, hangs a large rectangular shaped collage frame, filled with precious photos of Eleanore and Charlie. I look at the pictures so often, that I could probably describe what each one looks like, in both the order in which they hang, and the colors that fill each space.


When presented with this weeks i heart faces challenge, this picture came into mind immediately. Remember Eleanore's long beautiful hair? I could cry, if I let myself look too deeply at the images that my eyes captured when I chopped it all off with a pair of dull haircutting scissors here in our home a few weeks ago. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her beautiful tangles and knots. Even though it was always in her face, and constantly being dipped in whatever was inside her bowl, she just doesn't seem quite the same without it.

Blurry bangs, textured curls framing her face, shiny floors that had probably just been swept and swiffered, and just a little bit of chocolate pudding leftover from snack time resting above her lip... what a cutie.

6 comments:

Nathalie Seguin January 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

Very cute photo! I love the low angle this hsot was taken.

fookaDESIGNS January 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Perfect choice! Everything about it is perfect.

Hobocamp Crafts January 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

gorgeous shot Tia. Her hair will grown back , although sometimes it seems to take forever!

mari January 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

A. Dor. Able.
I'm also loving your super-clean floor. I'm not a cleaner...

Amy January 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Tia, you know I love you and think that Eleanore is amazingly beautiful, but I think you missed the point of the "textures" challenge.

You know how people sometimes turn a normal picture into one that looks all aged and scratched or the background looks sort of, well, textured? It's a photoshop (or Gimp) technique that involves layer a "texture" file/image overtop of your main image. Take a look at the "texture tips & hints" at the bottom of the iheartfaces post to get a better idea.

(Believe me, three or four months ago I would've had no idea what that meant either. I would've looked for a picture with texture IN IT, not even thinking about adding "textures" TO a picture.)

Either way, it's a super cute picture. Eleanore looks like an angelic little imp in it.

Tia Colleen January 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Amy, I knew that using a photo editing program was one way to add texture, but I chose to use a picture with natural texture instead. I'm pretty sure it still counts. And if it doesn't, thats still ok with me :)

Post a Comment