Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Kitty's New Tags

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A few trillion (not so) Wordless Wednesday's ago, I told you all about how heartbroken I was over my missing Bomber (read more about that here). After that scare, I decided Bomber needed a proper tag, something more than just her proof of rabies vaccine. Christopher wanted to go down and get one at Petsmart, but no- my kitty is better than that.

Not that there is anything wrong with a pet tag made in a machine, theres not, they've got cute designs that do the job- but... I felt like I really needed to spoil her. If she was the kind of cat that played with toys, I would have gone out and bought her twenty. Cat nip filled, feather topped, rattling strings on a stick- whatever she wanted.

Shes not though. The only thing she likes to play with, are the kids plastic toy apples and mushrooms that get left on the floor after a night of pretend soup making. And its only fun to her, if she finds it. She has to hunt down her produce, after all.

So, not only did I not want to go buy her a boring "here, I got this tin tag out of a machine for you" (not that she would have cared anyways, I know) name plate, but-kicking back with my netbook on the couch and going window shopping on Etsy didn't sound half bad.

And of course, it payed off...

Handmade "Riley" style Pet ID Tag made by The Copper Poppy.

Because I found the most perfect tag for my Bomber. Of course I still had to leave the evidence of her rabies vaccine on, but- isn't her new ID just gorgeous?

I know, silly Tia, its just a pet tag. But (!), its a handmade pet tag, customized just for her. And while she jingles and jangles like the Christmas season (even more so than before) every time she comes down the stairs, I think it suits her like no other tag possibly could.

So go ahead, Kitty Bomber, run away whenever you please. Next time there is a storm, feel free (but don't, please?) to sneak out through the garage door that Christopher left open. My phone number (um... don't call me, ok? Its nothing personal, I just hate talking on the phone, haha) is hanging from your collar, impossible for your finder to miss.

Heee. Pretty kitty.

15 comments:

Jess Craig July 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

eh, i'm totally freaked out that your phone number is up there.

Unknown July 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

The most stylin' cat EVER. Seriously Bomber's tags are awesome!

Christina July 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

That came out so cutely!

Brigette July 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

cute. I'd say it was well worth the money. :)

soul_searching_mama July 22, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

That is really cute! And it is always good to spoil a cat. :) Also, I hate to talk on the phone too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)

Anonymous,  July 22, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

looks pretty darn sweet!

Rogue Wild July 22, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

very kewl tags!!

my Rainbow (black cat) has 2 bells on her collar along with her name/phone # tag ... she is a big scaredy cat and gets up on the roof or up in the trees ... now I can hear her and find her always =o)

considerthelillies July 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

that's a very etsy cat you got there and that is a good thing!

Nancy (Jesse and Sophia's grandma) July 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

What a pretty kitty, and I like the special name plate too.

Nancy (Jesse and Sophia's grandma) July 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

What a pretty kitty. Love the name plate too.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 22, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

I love the Etsy pet tags! So much more fun.

Man, you are so brave to leave your number on the tag! I'm afraid you probably will be getting some weirdo that googled you calling. Ha, hopefully not. :D

Ummm, I did have someone e-mail me that said they found me by googling the business name of my job. They asked me for a discount at the store I work. I don't think so.

krissilugbill July 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

that is such a cute little tag. good luck losing kitty now :)

Renee July 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

Very cute tag! I think I may get one for our dog!!

becca.elpy July 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

That's a lovely tag set! They did a great job! And my cat prefers pencils and balled up pieces of paper to actual cat toys. Silly sweet kitties.
:)

beka July 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

Oh, it's totally cute. :)

Post a Comment