Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Wordless Wednesday: Come Home Kitty

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

(I've heard that there is an "(almost) Wordless Wednesday" floating around somewhere, have you seen it? Maybe that would be more appropriate for my Wednesday writings, since I can't seem to keep my typing as hush hush as the title leads on. But even then, the word almost would be stretching it.)

(For now, I guess I'll just stick to my you-can't-see-me-because-I'm-hidden style parenthesis. I know its not much different than an every day post, but its still fun. For me at least, heee.)



(I don't talk about our cat very much, do I?)

(Well I should. Because really, she is my baby.)

(Just look at those big beautiful eyes. Those are the kind of eyes that melt your heart. They close with delight, every single time I stroke her fur. They blink with frustration every time the kids get rough with her or pull her tail- but shes never once scratched. Those are the purest eyes. The kind that mean no harm, and only see love.)



(Bomber is patient. She knows that I've got chores to do, and kittens to take care of. She gives me my space. She follows me around, hoping that I'll take a minute or two in between loads of laundry and putting babies in time out, to give her arching and itching back a little scratch scratch scratch. But for the most part, she keeps quiet off in a bedroom somewhere, laying in the light that comes in through the window.)

(Every night after the babies have gone to bed, she lays beside me on the couch. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in, she'll cozy herself up on the back of the sofa, within arms reach in case I get the urge to reach up and give her love. Sometimes, if I'm sitting, rather than laying, she'll curl up against my leg. Or sometimes she'll purr her way right into my arms, laying up close to my face, while I watch a movie or good tv show.)

(Whether I've cuddled her on the couch or not, she knows that when I go upstairs to bed, theres always "Bomber pet time". Where I give her my undivided attention. I scratch her in all of the very best spots- right above the tail, under her chin, and of course up and down her spine. She likes it when I use my fingernails, so I dig in until the air is filled with fur. A nightmare, if you're allergic to cats, but luckily I'm not. We snuggle together until I pull the covers over my shoulder. She knows that at that point, its bed time, and she'll have to find something else to do. Every night, its the same. And shes content.)



(Last night, Christopher left the garage door open. During a midnight storm, the laundry room entrance, which had been unlocked, was forced open by the wind. A curious kitty nosed her way outside, and couldn't find her way back.)

(Usually when I wake up in the morning, Bomber wakes up with me. She walks into Charlie's room with me, leading the way actually, and then she follows us both downstairs and she sits beside me while I snuggle Charlie during his morning sippy of soy milk.)

(This morning though, she was nowhere to be found.)

(Usually when we go out for our morning walk, she comes with us. She doesn't leave the driveway, she just pokes her nose around the garage for a bit, sometimes getting locked out while we're away, but usually getting tossed back into the house before we go off on our adventure. And then as soon as we come home, either she is sitting outside the front door waiting loudly for us, or she is sitting inside the front door, happy to welcome us back.)

(This morning, there were no welcome home's.)

(I searched high, I searched low. Every closet. Every drawer. Every comfortable looking snuggle spot that I could possibly find. But she was nowhere.)

(I went outside and called for her several times. I sent out text messages. I posted in local yahoo groups. Where is my kitty?)

(And then, just as I was starting to write this post, having uploaded only two of the three pictures, a knock erupted at my door- )

(There was my neighbor, from two houses down. "We have your cat", she said in the sweetest of voices. I jumped up onto my tippy toes, clapped my hands, and let out a child like squeal of delight. I slid my flip flops on, and followed her quickly to her house. There in her laundry room, so very confused, was my precious Kitty Bomber. I scooped her up, and carried her home, shouting plenty of thank you's, in between "ooooh, Mommy missed you"'s, over my shoulder as I went.)

(While I had spent the morning looking for Kitty, they had spent the morning trying to find Kitty's owners. They had called the vet, they had called base security, they had walked around the nearby streets. Luckily, Bomber's vaccine tag eventually ended the chase back and brought her back here to us.)

(I was so worried. Thinking of the worst.)

(But now here she lays, quietly at my feet, too tired to keep her eyes open, yet too happy to leave my side.)

(Go take a nap, pretty Kitty. I'm sure you've had a very busy night. And while you do that, I think I'll fluff up my pillows in preperation for some extra "Bomber pets time" tonight...)

18 comments:

Chana@ Mamma Town June 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

How fricking scary!! One of my biggest fears is that Avery is going to take off never to be seen again! I swear somedays she wants to find a new home with all the tail tugging she endures! SO happy your kitty is home safe and sound! And HEY! I think cats are the only thing you are not allergic too! Haha- I kid! xoxox

Jo June 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

I loved this post Tia! As mummy to Gizmo cat I can empathise totally. At first I was wondering with some trepidation where this post was going but I was so, so relieved to read that Bomber came home safe to you... big smiles from me!

Enjoy Bomber pets time xxx

Maggie June 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

I was almost in tears, thank goodness the happy ending arrived just in time! I think you need a new title though...maybe "Wordy Wednesday"? I love reading your writing, so please keep it up and don't go all wordless on us.

beka June 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

*sigh* I'm not much of a cat person, having a bad experience with a Siamese like 10 years ago (ha! we were down in TX visiting relatives)...but that is one pretty cat. Unusual. I like it.
So glad they found you! Bomber's a cute name:)

Kitty June 2, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

i'm so glad you found bomber! :D
those neighbors deserve some cookies or something. (though i'm sure the squeal you let out was a pretty good "thanks!".)

=^.^=

Allison June 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Whew! I'm glad your neighbor had her safe and sound.

She's beautiful, by the way.

TXadventureGirl June 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

I think that Bomber's sister might live with us in Houston. I am constantly worried that our exchange student will let her out. Below is a link to a picture of Sienna, our tortise shell baby!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3312982/sienna%20profile.jpg

Christina June 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

I'm so glad to read the happy ending!! *sigh of relief* :) Also to reply to a comment you left on my blog, I am glad you are excited about the earrings! I hope you do really like them! I mailed them out today. :D

soul_searching_mama June 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM  

I'm glad you found her! :) We had a cat we loved a lot that grew up with John and he ran away when we had to move to a new house. It was really heartbreaking and we're not sure what happened to him. We hope that he found some place to be happy. I really want a cat again, and your beautiful kitty makes me want one even more. :)

Mommy Elephant Sarah June 3, 2010 at 2:43 AM  

I'm so glad you found her!! We actually had the same thing happen the other night, but a window was open that we thought wasn't big enough for a cat to escape. I realized at 4 am Bronx wasn't in the house, but after looking for 30 mins I went to bed hoping he'd be at the door in the morning (it was his first time outside), and sure enough he was in the window meowing to come in. So we didn't have a panic moment. Nothing worse this a missing pet, they are family too!!

Colleen June 3, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

I'm so glad you got your kitty back. It's amazing how they take over your hearts and you'll do anything to get them back.

Devon June 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

i'm so glad she made it home in one piece!!!

Sailors Pin Up June 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

I'm glad she made it home. We've had our big fat guy for a couple years now and I'm just so paranoid about him getting lost that we keep him strictly indoors. I would be a heartbroked wreck if that were to happen to my buddy so I can feel your pain.

Oh Mandie June 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

So, cats must be the one thing out there you're not allergic to huh?? hehe, just kidding!

Glad shes home safe and sound!

Unknown June 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

I'm so relieved someone had her safe all along. She's a gorgeous and has a big piece of your heart I can tell! I can only imagine the feeling that overcame you when she was returned.

Danielle @ We Have It All June 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Hey Tia - I have a random question for ya...
Does anyone have a 'button' for "Wordless Wednesday"?
Just curious :)
Thanks!

Post a Comment