Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

(never a) Wordless Wednesday: Star Light Star Bright

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

(We're big fans, of The Barenstein Bears, in this house. I grew up reading them, and so will my kids. I read them so many times, in fact, that when we started collecting them, I still remembered many of the phrases from when I read them twenty years ago. "Lizzy Lizzy, in a tizzy"... anybody else remember that one?)

(In one of the books that we gathered most recently, the bear family trades in TV for a night of star gazing. And while we don't watch very much TV anyways, it sounded like a wonderful idea, and so Christopher had told the babies that we could stay up wayyyy past our bedtimes, and do the very same.)

(Its not as if Eleanore has never seen stars before, because she has- its just been summer for so long here in Texas, that the stars seem to have disappeared in her world of 7:00 bed times.)

(As the sky started to dim, after all toys were picked up, Daddy helped the babies to brush their teeth and put on their pajamas, and then we all shuttled out the front door and into the driveway, to wait patiently for- as The Barenstein Bears had put it- "Mother Nature's much bigger special".)



(Come out come out wherever you are, stars...)



(Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight...)



(Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight...)



(The little one didn't quite understand, and was much more comfortable sitting back and relaxing, while his sister jumped around and made up songs about how happy she was to run and play under the twinkling twinkling little stars-)

(And I was happy to hold him.)

(But, as more and more stars woke up, so did the mosquitoes and bats. Before too long, we had to say goodnight to Moon, and tuck each other into bed...)

(Until next time, stars? We'll visit again soon. Cross my heart.)

17 comments:

Unknown July 21, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Lizzy Lizzy, in a tizzy! Haha, I had that one!!

Such sweet family photos!! I can't believe that very very soon little bean will be in the photos, too!!

considerthelillies July 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

that looked and sounded like so much fun! The simple things in life seem to be the most memorable too. I am sure this is a tradition that will be carried on when your babies are all grown up too!

Rogue Wild July 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

pure awesomeness!!!

the stars and the moon are so magical =o)

The BB will always rock!

Oh Mandie July 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

One of the redeeming qualities of living in the mountains on PA is being able to see the stars super clearly, my kiddos and I go stargazing a lot.

Looks like you all had fun and it was an adventure for Ellie. :)

jonahbonah July 21, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

you guys are such a sweet family!!!

and, i still love your rainbow bright tat! i saw a RB doll on clearance last night at target and almost bought it for my daughter...but, it looks so much different than when we were kids. i didn't get it. i opted for a princess tiana tea set instead.

have a super day!

Megan July 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

BATS?!

Thank God I wasn't in Texas long enough to see a bat!

I didn't read a lot of the bears (I was a Dr. Seuss kinda gal) but this is such a sweet idea.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 21, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Fun! We watch WAY too much tv. More wonderful memories you are creating with your babes and hubby. :)

Melissa July 21, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

How fun!! I love summer & clear night skies they are the best!

What a great family bonding moment to share :-)

Danielle @ We Have It All July 21, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Awww cute post! I love the stars :)

Hey, I haven't seen you on twitter today. I hope all is going good with you!

beka July 21, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Melt my heart.
Sweet pics--and I love the edited-in stars.
I love the nights when the sky is clear and Anna and I go for our evening walk... I always spot the Big Dipper. It's awesome to look up at night...

Jennifer July 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

What a fun idea! That is so sweet!!

Jennifer

Alita July 21, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Clear summer nights (or actually any night other than winter) is on my I HEART list.

Great shots. LOVE THE LAST ONE! My best friend (ya know the sister God gave me in a friend instead of an actual sister) has a massive care bear tattoo on her arm and your rainbow brite tat totally made me smile!

Anonymous,  July 21, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

your posts always make me hungry!! love the pics!!

Adrienne July 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

You are the best mom ever. Really, you are. <3

Chelsea July 22, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

these are such sweet photos! I love the one of your hubby pointing at the stars!

and I also really like your tats a lot! <3

Unknown July 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

This is just precious. And I loved, loved, love the bear family. :)

Post a Comment