Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Our Halloween

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So it turns out I didn't steal Halloween after all. We still went trick or treating, even though we recently made the choice to go sugar free (you can read more about that here). We told the kids the story of the Halloween Witch, constantly mixing up her name- fairy to witch, fairy to witch- and causing a whole lotta confusion. We went out all dressed up, with the goal of collecting candy, only to pass it along at the end of the night, and hopefully wake up the next morning with a bowl full of toys, instead of empty wrappers.

Now, you know that I want to share all of my pictures with you, but- I think that loading 200 pictures, even if I put them into collages, would be just a little too much, and mean (I'm like the crazy lady with the mile long wallet slide show at the grocery store). So for your sake, and mine (the baby is going to wake up and want to eat soon), I'll just post my favorites.



We had sugar free pumpkin Halloween ghost cakes for breakfast. Buckwheat, flax meal, stevia- and they were so good, the kids were boo-ing for more. Get it?



Christopher and the kids (minus the baby, who is clearly taking up space on my lap) filled the driveway with chalk ghouls and skeletons.



This is what Christopher and I are going to look like when we're older. And its going to be awesome.



Charlie was a puppy.
A really cute puppy.
Probably the cutest puppy ever.



We set out a bowl loaded with candy bar mummies (about 200 of them), and would you believe that they were gone within the first hour? Sorry kids, but if you snooze, then you lose! There were gross grape flavored tootsie rolls underneath for the slow pokes.



This was Charlie's first year trick or treating. Big Sister Eleanore took his hand to showed him how. Melt my heart you sweet edible children.



And they walked along, Mommy and Evelyn June falling behind.



It was 90 degrees outside (yeah, ninety), so rather than dressing up like a cute lil ladybug- Evelyn wore a My First Halloween onesie, and snoozed through the drill.



Christopher snapped a shot of me under a tree, where we stopped to regroup and decide where we'd go and how much longer we'd stay out.



From where we were standing, the sky looked like this.
There was a beautiful monarch butterfly floating around us.
Can you spot him in the picture?




Eleanore stopped to dig through her candy bag.
Uh uh, kiddo. Get your face outta there!




That last picture is my new favorite.
Grow old along with me, old man, the best is yet to be.



Looks like things are dying down, with the exception of a Mario brother riding around on a bike behind us- its time to call it a night.



Goodnight, says the kitty.



Goodnight, says the naughty puppy, after sneaking a sucker out of the bag and into his mouth.



And Goodnight, say the happy old couple.

Until next Halloween...

23 comments:

Brooke @ Blushing Noir November 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

So many of these need framed and hung! Gorgeous people, gorgeous photos. That's just how it is.

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown November 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Oh man, so darned adorable!! glad you all had fun!!

Lauren November 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

Ok I know I'm supposed to oooo & awwww over how cute the kids are (& they are) BUT YOU 2 ARE THE MOST ADORABLE!!! :) Love it.

Unknown November 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I gotta agree with Lauren... your super sweet angelic babies are darling, but you and your hubs are amazing! love your costume, and your comments about growing old together. melts a sista's heart :)

beka November 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Yep, definitely the cutest puppy ever.
:)
90 freaking degrees??? Holy cow!! It was scarf weather up here on Halloween night. Yikes.

Megan Harmeyer November 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Your little kiddos are the cutest!! I love the pic of Charlie with the sucker in his mouth. 90 degrees?! How is that even possible?!

Nikki @ Life Of A Single Mommy November 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

So cute! Love all the costumes!! :) Looks like you guys had a blast. I love reading your stories and love the pictures!

Jen Newsham November 2, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

How fun! You are are going to look great when you get old!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody November 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

my friend trades out candy for toys and refers to it as the "switch witch."

CourtneyKeb November 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

You and your husband make freaking wicked hot old people!
Seriously!

considerthelillies November 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

everyone's costumes were adorable! You two are cute old folks too! Glad that it was a fun time!

Devon November 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

love all of the pics... but the ones of you and christopher are awesome! great costumes!

Mommy Elephant Sarah November 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

You guys are the cutest old couple I've ever seen. You really rock that hair Tia! :D

Wow you guys trick or treat early there. No one starts till it's dark here which makes for crappy photos.

Love the mummy bars, and the kids look adorable in their costumes. :)

jill November 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

such a cute group of trick er treaters you all were. you've totally inspired me to dress up with corbin next year...and to make ryan do it too! ;)

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I simply adore the pictures! Everyone looks adorable..and you and Christopher make quite the happy old couple. I can't wait to have my little family back together to enjoy the same things! Love the outfits!!

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

so very sweet! love these beautiful kids! happy halloween!!!

Elizabeth November 3, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

OMG BEST costumes I've seen in a LONG time! So impressed. You look gorgeous as a grandma, by the way :)

Dagmar November 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

This is the best Halloween post ever! I adore that baby pumpkin idea, I wish I would have thought of that! How do I share this post with my 8,800+ Twitter followers?

Best,
Dagmar
Dagmar's momsense

Rachel November 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Awwww! those were the a few of the cutest costumes I've seen! love them where'd you get the old lady hair? You have such an adorable blog! :)
<3 <3 <3 it

Kitty November 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

awwwww, you guys look like you had TONS of fun!


and the third pic from the bottom?
totally my favourite picture of elie ever. hands down. that's an awesome portrait of a cute little kitty-girl.

Post a Comment