Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday- Trimming The Tree

Friday, November 26, 2010

"Tia! Where is the flashback?!"



Oh sorry, I was one of the crazies lined up outside of Old Navy at midnight last night. Pajama pants for $5. ...FIVE, DOLLARS.

...but when under the pressure of savings, I ditched my bag full of slippers and plaid pants around 12:45am, when I realized that it was probably going to take until 4:00 in the morning, no joke, for the line to move from the little boys section, past the fittings rooms, down to the cash registers.

Maybe because the majority of Old Navy employees are 16 (I used to be one of them, by the way), so they were majorly under staffed? Fa la lala.

And when we left (my friend Autumn braved the chaos with me), there were still people lined up outside, bundled up and freezing in the 20 degree weather, to get into club Old Navy. Was ridiculous.

So, I may not have gotten all of the $5 pajama pants that I had intended to, but- at least I got to come home and go to sleep before the sun came up. You people are nuts. I can't compete.

Now... lets do some flashbacking?



I don't know about you guys, but its tradition in our house, to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. This year I kinda jumped the gun a smidge, by letting the kids watch A Charlie Brown Christmas three times in a row the other day (I needed a babysitter, and I needed to make pie), and we maaaybe have been listening to the Christmas swing station on Pandora every day for the past week, but- we save the decorating for today.



This is a picture from last year. Eleanore's fluffy butt tutu, the kitty on the window sill, and our beautiful tree in the making.

Do you think that tutu will still fit her this year?
...my fingers are crossed that all of her growth from the past year was upwards, and I'll get another year of Christmas ballet and tulle enchantment?

If you share this tradition with us, I hope that you all have a wonderful day filled with ornaments and trimmings!

And for all you crazies out there shopping your plastic bag grabbing fingers to the bone- may you have a quick and painless recovery.


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!

And if you've got a minute, maybe go poke around some of the other flashbacks posted, and leave a comment on another blog or two?




This is a comment-free blog, but if you need to, or want to get in touch, our email is at the bottom of the page :)

Post a Comment