Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Happy Birthday Grams

Friday, October 1, 2010


I know I've used this picture before, but...



Yesterday was my Gram's birthday.


I think about her when I taste mayo.
I think about her when I make cheesecake.
I think about her when I see a round woman in a swimsuit.
I think about her when I hear the song Elvira.
I think about her when I get out my collection of Christmas Jingle Bears.
I think about her when I wrap presents.
I think about her when I buy my babies clothes.
I think about her, constantly.

I miss you Grams.
I wish you were here to watch my babies grow.


********************************
Y'all, I've been a bad host. I'm going to try my best to hop around to everyones Flashback this week. I apologize in advance though, if I trip over my to do list and break my leg before I get there.

Anyways, you know the drill...

Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!

And if you've got a minute, maybe go poke around some of the other flashbacks posted, and leave a comment on another blog or two?


11 comments:

Devon October 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

What a nice post! :)

"Elvira" makes me think of my dad.. because he used to put it on our old record player when we were growing up and we'd all dance around the living room singing. The bass part was "his" part (even though he can't sing!). Thanks for bringing back that memory for me!

Alyssa S. October 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

That's such a great picture, how can you not use it again? Happy Birthday to your Gram!!! I know (TRUST me I know) it's hard not having them around to see the little ones grow up.

Oh Mandie October 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

I feel the same way about my Nana. I miss her everyday. I'm thankful for the memories and the traditions I'll get to pass down to my kids though. :)

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Awww... such a sweet post!! I'm missing my grandma, too!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations October 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

What a sweet post. She sounds like she was a very special woman.

- Jessi - October 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Aww your gonna make me cry! "I wish you were here to watch my babies grow." My grandpa died 2 months before my daughter was born. He wanted to meet her so bad. He would tell all the nurses he's going to have a great grand daughter. Still makes me sad, it was only 4 months ago. I know exactly how you feel & my daughter was born the day before his birthday.
Such a sweet post.

Anonymous,  October 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Grandma's are so special in every which way possible : ) Charlie is just too cute in the pics below!!

Christine October 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

WOW! such a touching post, she sounds so loving & kind!

Unknown October 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

Oh how I miss her...just seeing that picture made me bawl. I remember her coming to my house and making me clean my room. I would hide everything under my bed and she would come in and get it all out and make me start all over. I think of her every time I check the kids room. The Easter's were the best at her house to.

Megan October 2, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

You made me cry. I'm the same way about my papa. He passed away five years ago but I think about him constantly and how much I wish he could see me now.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama October 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

So, I totally saw this post in my Dashboard and said, "Mmmm, cookies...". Just popped out.

I went straight to the cookies link: Choco bit, chocolate peanut butter, double chocolate super chunk, and some chocolate oatmeal. Mmmmmmm.

I could lie to you and tell you I'd share this with someone that likes Gluten-free... but, I probably wont. In my belly.

Post a Comment