Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Wednesday Ramble

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

faces


and feet


and naked babies riding toy lions


Its been hot this week. The humidity has been wayyy up there, making our morning walks a little less pleasant for those of us that are stuck with the task of pushing the heavy load of the double stroller. By the time the afternoon is here, the temperatures explode into the 90s, giving us reason to fill up the splash pad and relieve the babies of their cotton. They stomp and they squeal, and they slide all around. The cool water droplets escaping from the hose help to erase the redness in their cheeks, and once again, like the afternoon before, all is at peace in our world.

And sometimes riding on your favorite toy lion is nice. I'm sure his future girlfriends will agree.


*******************

We had another ultrasound on Monday, and unlike our past attempts, this time the Bean was eager to cooperate, letting the secret of his or her gender slip. So now we know, but are going to continue to let the anticipation for everyone else grow.

Christopher walked into a sharp piece of aircraft yesterday, head first, and landed himself in the ER for a good 5 hours. All is well, nothing that a few 7 staples couldn't fix. And of course, common man style, he feels proud of his injury, and is perfectly satisfied knowing that a piece of that plane has left its mark on the top of his head forever.

We've been eating berry oatmeal for breakfast the past couple of mornings. Bob's Red Mill gluten free rolled oats, mixed with a cup each of blueberries and strawberries, a dash or few of stevia, and then a quick whirl in the magic bullet. A small scoop of peanut butter in the center for protein, and its gobbled up before I even have time to sit down and eat my own. I've been really concentrating on less sugar, for both me and the babies. So far so good.

Last weekend at a garage sale, I picked up a Shrek themed stuffed toy for Eleanore. A flying donkey. For those of you haven't met miss imagination yet, her very best friend, of all time of ever, is Donkey. He goes everywhere with us. And if its not Donkey, its Piglet (from pooh, obviously). To the store, to the doctor, down the slide at the playground- everywhere, these invisible friends come. So as you can guess, this 50 cent toy was the find of the century.

We saw a caterpillar this morning. "Is that the very hungry caterpillar?", Eleanore asked me.
..."yes", I replied.

I haven't had a cup of coffee in two days, and I'm still alive.

Oh, and I've been sleeping the opposite way on the bed every night. Feet where my head should go, putting my face directly under the ceiling fan. Christopher thinks its weird, but I think its comfortable.

And now that I've had my little ramble (and shared some pictures of the babies) I'm off to attempt to come up with and cook dinner with less than an hours time to do it in. We've got canned mushrooms, fresh zucchini, pasta, and Spam. Sounds like casserole to me.

22 comments:

They call me mommy... May 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Adorable pictures! I can totally relate to the hot weather because we too have been getting a nice dose of summer here in spring! YAY for finding out what gender baby bean will be and double props for keeping us in suspence! LOL Glad the hubby is okay 7 staples sounds serious but boys will be boys! And SCORE on the donkey find! cute post (=

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

I'm jealous! I bought Riley a splash pool for her birthday and we haven't had a day nice enough to bring it out yet :(

But I'm sure I'll be complaining once the heat and humidity settle in for the summer.

Lovely post <3

xx

beka May 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Oh. My. Lord.
I love that picture of him riding on his toy lion! That's going to be great photo material for the future;)
*sigh* You're making me thankful for this chilly weather up here. :)
(And holy crap--no coffee for 2 days? you're amazing:)

Lisa@goodknits May 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

HAHAH! I'm showing my boys' future girlfriends all the bare booty photos, too. consider repayment for all the times they poooped and peed on me.

glad Christopher is ok!

Casey May 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Baby feet are one of the best things in the world, they are soooo cute.

April May 12, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

Ooooooo, Charlie bum!!! That is the cutest thing ever! And will make for AMAZING blackmail material!

Johanna May 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

oh my they are cute....and that baby bum is just so darn adorable.
I love your ramble by the way but why oh why must you torture us by not sharing the gender. Are you gonna tell us at all or do we have to wait till the birth?
Meanie :o)

Oh Mandie May 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

aww, what happy babies you have. I can't wait until the weather breaks here and the boys can run through the yard flashing the neighbors.

Colleen May 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Gotta love chubby baby legs and bums!
What a great deal on the flying donkey. That's the way to shop!

Allison May 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

What cuties your kids are. We're at Ft. Hood and, yeah, it's WAY humid. We're going to bust out the sprinkler tomorrow.

iampalegreen May 12, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Those pictures are ADORABLE!! Eleanore looks like the Coppertone girl!

Hello there! My name is June May 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

What a fun time & happy photos!!!!
You've captured the essence of childhood summer play!

Shalyn May 12, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Baby buns! So cute. It's super hot here, too (South Louisiana), it's gonna be a killer summer...

Melissa May 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Love the pictures!! So very cute!

soul_searching_mama May 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

Love the pictures - especially the one of Charlie! heehee I'm sure his girlfriends will just ADORE it! :)

Fallon May 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Those are amazing pics! Sorry about Christophers head, ouch!

jessicajane May 13, 2010 at 2:09 AM  

you have the most gorgeous babies ever. the end.

Devon May 13, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

ahh.. 90 degrees! we've had snow this week... which is rather freakish... i'm waiting for some warmer weather!

love the pics... that one of charlie is too funny!

Rogue Wild May 13, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

hehehe love the nekkid hiney! I have a picture of my son, probably the same as Charlie, and he is leaning over, asleep, on a bench in our living room, nekkid hiney style lol ... there are mega block legos all over the floor around him ... one of my fav pics!!

You're very good at capturing great angles =o)

can't wait to find out what the bean is, glad she/he is healthy!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird May 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

What cute pictures! I wish we were getting a little warmth here, it's been in the 40s and rainy all week. Not fun!

Adriana May 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

wow the picture of that chubby butt is too cute! im a new follower.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama May 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

I love the ramblings! Here are mine:

Beautiful photos as usual!
Your blog is always so enjoyable.
Cute baby's!
I don't like humid weather... bleh!
Congrats on the babe in your tummy showing the goods! Fun! I can't wait to find out!
My fridge is completely empty except for breast milk, tortillas, and salad. And Ketchup. Sounds like a great dinner to me!
Happy Thursday to you and your little family!

-chelsey

Post a Comment