Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Unexpected Road Trip

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Wish us luck, friends! Today we are off to Cooks Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth, Texas, to get our son the medical attention that he has been waiting for. We had made an appointment for late April, the earliest opening they had (they're booked through June!), but with his seizures increasing from one or two a week, to 20 a day- we need to be seen sooner. Yesterday after a series of emails with a very helpful lady named Carrie (friendly people are rare these days, and I'm truly grateful for her assistance), we got an appointment for today, at 3:15.

For more information on where we're going, the Pediatric Neurology department, click here. I expect in the future we'll be spending a decent amount of time in the epilepsy monitoring unit, probably not this specific trip, but- soon. If you'd like to see more about that, click the link from the last sentence, and scroll down. You'll find the button to the video on the left hand side. The unit looks comfortable (about as comfortable as a hospital can be) and professional, we're very happy to be taking our son there.

We're anxious to get there. We're anxious to be seen. We're anxious to get answers. But like I said in a previous post about all of this... we need to take it one step at a time.

Slow down. Deep breaths...
This is only the first step.

And we're off!

23 comments:

Unknown March 2, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

Good luck, Tia. I'm glad they were able to see him sooner, and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Reneesance March 2, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Safe Travels and hugs and snuggles for Charlie!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

20 a day?!?! Oh my gosh. Prayers for sure.

Lisa@goodknits March 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

good luck! I do hope you get some answers. Have a safe trip!

Devon March 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

Good Luck and Safe Travels!!

Sara March 2, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Good luck! I hope you're able to find out what's going on, and make it all better for Charlie.

Alyssa S. March 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

GOOD LUCK! I'm so glad they bumped you up and I really hope you have the answers you've been waiting for very soon.

Danielle March 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Good luck. So thankful you were able to be seen sooner. Will be praying for you, and your family.

Rachel Elizabeth March 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

I hope they figure out what's going on. My brother has been a patient at Children's Hospital Los Angeles for 10 years now and the care he has received is outstanding.

Oh Mandie March 2, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

I'm sending as much love, luck, and prayers your way as I can! Charlie is a trooper!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Good luck! I hope everything goes well!

Laura Craig March 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Good luck Charlie!!!! Hugs to mommy and daddy!!!! Hope you get answers and that it is nothing serious.

My sister had infantile epilepsy and she outgrew it by he time she was... 3 or 4 I believe. Good luck!!!

Chad Thorson March 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

I hope the little guy will be okay. It sounds like he'll be in good hands.

soul_searching_mama March 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Good luck! Prayers prayers prayers! I'm hoping for answers for you guys and sending love to you all!

Heidi V March 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Good luck today...Have a safe trip and you rock for not taking no for an answer sometimes you gotta beat down the doors to get seen!

Alita March 2, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Good luck, Safe travels, and big hugs to Charlie!!!

Fallon March 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Oh my.... 20 seizures? Thats terrible. I hope you get answers quick.

Desiree March 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Sending best wishes & LOTS of LOVE!!

Chelsea March 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

what an awesome picture! Love those baby feet!

Christina March 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

I hope the trip went well and you got answers to questions!! Praying for you all and for cute Charlie.

Anonymous,  March 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

good luck to you and your family Tia. Praying for you...
xo natalea

Caity March 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

I am going thru this right now. Well actually I am not sure WHAT I am going thru but we are referred to a pediatric neurologist and will see them soon.I am so scared for my daughter and I hope we get some answers soon.I hope ya'll can find out what is going on and how to help your little guy!

Post a Comment