Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Another baby...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back in October, my period came one week late. We thought I was pregnant. We tested, we had blood drawn, and it turned out we weren't. So in November, when my period was 6 days late, I thought that my cycles had maybe just spread themselves out a little further, but thought maybe I should take a test, just to be safe. When 2 pink lines showed up on the First Response, I called Christopher into the bathroom with me, where I was staring wide eyed at the stick that I could have sworn had a spotlight shining down on it from heaven, and as soon as he gave me his "I see the line too" approval, I began to hyperventilate while he walked out with a big grin plastered across his face. As the day went on, the more I thought about it, I had convinced myself that it had only been an evaporation line that we had seen, and that it was another false alarm (I can't even tell you how many tests we've bought over the years, its embarrassing). Charlie wasn't even one year old yet, I was still breastfeeding, it took us twelve months to get pregnant last time... so this wasn't real.

Today I found out, that this (this beautiful miracle) is very real.

I'd like to introduce to you all, the bean...


We went into our Doctor's office this morning, bright and early. The routine was still fresh in my memory, seeing as how it was only a year ago that I was pregnant with little Charlie, so I felt comfortable. The kids both played with blocks while Christopher and I sat in the lobby, him reading a magazine, me staring at the wall, anxious for my ultrasound.

I stepped up onto the scale, growled as it evened out on my weight (while the doctor was shocked at how much weight I've lost, the opposite of how I was feeling after seeing that I've already gained a few pounds, and making totally inappropriate comments along the lines of "well no wonder you got pregnant again, I bet hes all over you"- my doctors is hilarious, by the way, but that's partially what makes up his greatness). We headed into the room, I put on my cute paper blanket, and before I knew it, all eyes were on the bean.

I've struggled with this pregnancy. I've had a hard time believing that I could be given the opportunity to be a mother for the 3rd time, knowing that there are women out there that can't even have one baby. I've felt like its too good to be true. For those reasons and more, I didn't give this baby a nickname. We called Charlie "poppyseed muffin" from the beginning, from the second the stick turned pink. I talked to him, I patted my tummy, I did all of the things that an expectant mother does, all of the same things I had done with Eleanore. It took until just the other day, earlier this week, after taking a 2 hour nap on my daughters bed (in which I woke up covered in a family of my little ponies and a little mermaid blanket), finally releasing some feelings in a couple of conversations with my friend Jessica, and realizing that my pants were not going to zip or button no matter what I did, that I gave the baby a nickname of, "the bean".

We're just a little over 8 weeks pregnant, but measuring in at 7. We'll have another ultrasound at our next appointment in February.

Herman baby #3 will be here this August, and we couldn't be more happy about it.

43 comments:

Samantha January 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Congrats! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy!

Unknown January 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Congrats...that is wonderful!!! ;0)

Teri Martin January 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Congrats! Nice story but the picture is perfect for Wordless Wednesday too!

LaVerne January 6, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

I love it that the family keeps growing and I love it that you and Christopher are so happy about baby #3.

Giggly January 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Weeeeee!! Congrats! I love "The Bean". That's what Molly's Nickname was in the womb. :)

SOoooooOOOOOooooo happy for you and your growing family!! May you have the healthiest happiest pregnancy. :)

MariaSoleil January 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Congrats! Welcome to the world of 3 kids ~ and trying to be pregnant with 2 little ones. I hope you get lots of naps and zero morning sickness!

soul_searching_mama January 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Congrats! :) "The Bean" is very cute!

Anonymous,  January 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

YAY! How exciting for you! I hope you enjoy this pregnancy and continue to enjoy the blessing of being a mom again!

Reneesance January 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Congratulations! That's so exciting for all of you! Is Elie excited too?

LeaKarts January 6, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

So sweet! Congratulations!

Unknown January 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Wow! How exciting!

My lil guy is 10 months, and I can't imagine adding another one to them ix right now, but I am suupose I am already getting excited about the idea.

best wishes!!!!

Sylvia

Johanna January 6, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Oh Tia! I have tears in my eyes (yes I'm a weepy mama). I'm so so so happy for you guys-congratulations!!!! xoxo

muffintopdesigns January 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

love ya, tia... and now love the bean too! xoxooxo

SillyLittleLady January 6, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

Congratulations! You're going to have a blast with 3 of 'em ;)

Christina January 6, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

A big congrats to you and your family! It's wonderful when you get to see the first ultrasound.

Lisa@goodknits January 6, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

congratulations!!! how exciting!

This Little Bird January 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Congrats again... there is something about seeing the ultrasound that makes it "real"... I'm very happy for you and the family... you both seem like wonderful parents... the little bean will be blessed to have you as their mother.

Good luck with this pregnancy... I look forward to hearing all the stories and following this pregnancy with you.

wysiwyg January 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

YAY! Congrats. I admit i've bought my fair share of preggo tests too. You aren't alone :)

OliveStreetStudio January 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

what wonderful news...you are truly blessed. We've struggled for YEARS and thankful to have te one we got. Can't wait to read up on your experience!

merelythemoon January 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Oh gosh! Congratulations! What lovely news!

Maggie January 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

The other day when you blogged about Charlie's birthday and going to the zoo, I thought what a great mom you are, and wondered if you would have any more.

Stephanie January 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Yay! Congrats! I'm actually 8 1/2 weeks pregnant too. I'm excited to follow you through this with me! Love your blog by the way, just have never commented until now!

Alyssa S. January 7, 2010 at 5:56 AM  

Hi there Little Bean! I can't wait to see what new little Herman you'll bring into the world :)

You're brave to take on three. Everyone keeps asking me "so when are you having another?" and that's when I usually roll my eyes and go "ppfff!". It takes a woman of strength to have enough to outnumber the adults in the house :)

Brandy L January 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Congrats Tia! I wish you nothing but a safe and happy Pregnancy!

iampalegreen January 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Congratulations!! This is the best news! You are the awesomest mom ever (after my mom of course!) All of your babies are very lucky to have such a wonderful mother, the bean included!

Sarah January 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

I am so so happy for you! I was actually laying in bed last night thinking of your pregnancy and your little family. Weird how I am drawn to a little family that I have never even met. Congrats!

{And I am not trying to be creepy! I hope you don't think I am :)}

Oh Mandie January 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Congrats on kiddo #3 Tia!!

Hobocamp Crafts January 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

yay! the cat is out! congrats!!

Esmeralda Bohemian January 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Wow!! Many many many blessings to you and your (growing) family!! How wonderful for you all!!

Anonymous,  January 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

yay!!!! Congrats, dollface!

Tia Colleen January 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Thank you everyone for your loving support. I appreciate all of your comments so much <3 I can't wait to share our pregnancy with you :)

beka January 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Congratulations! That's lovely. :) God bless.

Amy January 11, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

I finally have a computer again!! Have been without since Dec 31st! And before I EVEN POST ON MY OWN BLOG, I had to jump over here and say a HUGE congratulations!

Am I allowed to be a teensy bit jealous thinking of your Charlie and my Andrew being only days apart and you already expecting again??

Only a teensy bit because, after three full term pregnancies in four years, my body really needs a break. I need to get it looking and feeling LIKE MINE again before having another baby.

Am thrilled for you and Christopher and can't wait to see more chubby baby Herman cheeks.

(Oh, and your card arrived only hours before my flight left to go back home after Christmas. Great timing! THANK YOU.)

Johanna January 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

A little late to this baby's party (got behind on blog reading) but still wanted to say a huge congratulations! Yeah for babies!

Kunklebaby January 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

OMG-YAY! Congrats on the exciting news!
My oldest two are close in age [only 12 months apart] and it was/is wonderful!! Charlie will have another little playmate before you know it!

Post a Comment