Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 18

Friday, November 27, 2009


I wanted to flashback to a past Thanksgiving, but as I was searching for proof that I've been eating turkey since I could sit up on my own, I realized that somehow Turkey day managed to jump out of the cameras view more than once. I can't find a single picture from mine and Christopher's first couple of years together. Being the OCD picture taker that I am now, I can't imagine not having taken pictures back then. I guess we didn't get our first digital camera until I was pregnant with Eleanore. Wow. How things change.

Eleanore was born in the summer of 2006. Shortly after, we moved from our training base, down here to good ol' Dyess. Before living in the luxurious 2 story house that we're blessed with right now, we lived in a tiny ant infested apartment. But to us, that tiny apartment was the best place we had ever lived. It was our first home together as a family.

Our first Thanksgiving dinner was prepared and eaten, all while the little one slept. She cozied up in her travel size aquarium swing, set in the center of the living room floor, while Christopher and I tucked ourselves away in the cave like kitchen, and playfully celebrated all of the things that we had recently become thankful for.

Our new home.
Our beautiful new baby girl.
Each other.

We didn't have a kitchen table, and we didn't want to wake up the babe, we sat down and enjoyed our first Thanksgiving dinner as a married couple, on the carpeted area that separated the kitchen from the rest of the apartment.







-------------------------------------------------------
Share a flashback with us! By now some of you have become flashback regulars, and we love it! I sit down on Friday nights and reach each and every memory that you type out- who needs going out with the girls anyways? I'd rather stay in with my blogger friends *nerd alert*.

If you'd like to post a flashback, leave your link on the list below. Please make sure you link from your post, back to this post as well, that way more people can come along and play. I love it when I see a new face on the lineup.

10 comments:

soul_searching_mama November 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

The Thanksgiving you described above is a lot like the one we had this year. We're in an apartment and it was just us & our son. But it was a really special one and we were proud of the meal that we made. :) Happy belated Thanksgiving!! :)

Giggly November 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

I love this story, it reminds me of our first tiny apartment in the ghetto..lol. We moved in just before our Molly was born, a week before X-Mas. I have such fond memories in that place too. Thanks for reminding me!

I always enjoy your sweet pics. :)

Alyssa S. November 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I love your first Thanksgiving pics! I don't have any pics, but I think our first looked a lot like yours. We lived in military housing in Minot and we didn't have a dinner table...only dinner trays. I'm pretty sure that's where we ate. I was just really glad my first turkey came out OK!!

Unknown November 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Aw, what a sweet memory. Thanksgiving as a married couple hasn't been a big deal, what with Will being British and all... but my memories of Thanksgiving growing up are just wonderful and full of joy (seriously, how lame do I sound? But its true - I was filled with joy).

Hope your kids have great memories, too!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations November 27, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

That is just precious!!

I don't have many Thanksgiving photos either for some reason.

Oh Mandie November 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Awesome pics Tia! I've been married for 7+ years now, and I've never cooked a complete Thanksgiving meal, so I bet your first one is definatly something to cherish!

Mommy Elephant Sarah November 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

I just love your story about your first Thanksgiving. I think it's so sweet you guys ate on the floor with the baby sleeping in the swing. Awww!

Crafty Mama November 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

What a sweet story. I love the pictures you take!

Amanda Conger November 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

What great pictures! : ) Our first Thanksgiving after we moved to Alabama was my first holiday experience without 20+ people. My hubby went out of his way to make it special and insisted on cooking a turkey (which he'd never done). We also had far too little room and ended up squished at one end of the table.

Those are the things that make for the best memories though. : )

Post a Comment