Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 16

Friday, November 13, 2009


This weeks flashback is a little bit different. I'm not going to post a picture (I'm going to post two) and follow it up with a story that I've glued together with font, using bits and pieces of antiqued memories. I'd just like to take a break from the usual today.

When I was going through my homemade photo box (our very first diaper wipe box) earlier, (someday I'll have something a little more sufficient) I came across two very different photographs. An old one of Christopher, standing in a hallway dressed up in a beautiful pinstriped suit (oh how I love pinstripes *drools*). He wanted me to make it clear to everyone (seriously, he specified that I write this), that he was not going to a school dance that night. He wasn't going anywhere. He just dressed like that, all the time, for no reason at all. ...So anyways, I picked up a picture of him in his pinstriped suit, set it down on the dryer (I was sorting through the box in the laundry room, which is still clean, by the way), and then the picture that I pulled out immediately after his I'm-not-going-anywhere-I'm-just-really-weird picture, was a shot of me at the beach with my friend Jenny, my hair blowing in the wind, a huge smile on my face.

I set that picture down on the dryer as well.

As I continued flipping through prints, I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye (I thought it was a spider, ok, I'm paranoid), and after I caught my breath again (it was lint), my eyes scanned very quickly over the photos sitting side by side on the dryer top, before settling their gaze back inside the baby wipes box.

Wait.

My eyes went back.



...Seriously?

It was day and night. Night and day. My heart skipped a beat, and I let out a little "aww", even though nobody was in the room with me to hear it. That's perfect. The perfect flashback.

------------------------------
Do you have a flashback of your own to share? An old photo that's been posted on your Facebook, a Twit pic, your Flickr, your blog- you get the point, anywhere you'd like to post it. Add your link to the list below, and make sure to add our link somewhere in your post. Can't wait to see and hear about everyone's memories!

12 comments:

Fallon November 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Seriously adorable photos! You guys are both too cute but Christopher, that suit, worn just because, is the cutest thing ever! You need to find a place to display it, it doesn't belong in a diaper box, haha :)

Giggly November 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Okay, that's really funny, my husband used to wear suits for no special occasion as well. I have a pic of him in black and white wearing one too! lol We have a good friend who still wears suits and ties everyday. :) I think it's adorable.
You two kids are too stinkin' cute, I love your Flashback photos. :)

I'm running little behind, so I'll have to post mine later.

XOXOX

This Little Bird November 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

so so cute... love the pics. And Christopher looks totally cute in his pic too. My hubby used to wear suit jackets all the time too when we first started hanging out... Ummm 16 years ago.

Unknown November 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Love them!! I haven't changed AT ALL and neither has Will. Makes me want to go out and dye my hair, just to be different from myself for once. I'm so vanilla!

Maggie November 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

You guys are so adorable!

Alyssa S. November 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Both are great pics :) So did he just hang around the house in pinstripes or did he go out and around like that (I mean just to hang out)? I have this old pic of my hubby in a grey suit and a pink tie...it was a formal, but it's standing proof that once upon a time he was brave enough to strut his stuff in pink!

Amy November 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

I LOVE that pic of you, Tia. But seeing those two pictures side by side, I would never have guessed the two of you would end up together. You know what they say about opposites...

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations November 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Those photos are so adorable!! My son would love to wear a suit everyday if he could.

Amanda Conger November 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

After seeing Marissa's posts, I've joined in. I just *had* to. : )

Also, I love the fact that your husband would wear suits "just because." ^_^

Crafty Mama November 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I do like a man in a suit. Hubby isn't one to dress up for just anything, but when he does, well yeah. :)

Sarah November 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

That picture of you is killer. I love your style.

Post a Comment