Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Bendy Straw Smile

Saturday, September 19, 2009


Another one of the small joys in life, is slurping your hot chocolate through a straw. I think even as adults, we tend to grab one or two plastic tubes off of the condiment counter and forcefully insert them into the miniature rectangle opening on top of our disposable coffee cups. I used to use lipstick as my excuse to use a straw, "I'll ruin my perfect red pout" I'd say, but now I'm just up front about it. I like using straws because sucking things is fun. That wasn't meant to sound dirty, Kristen (shes dirty, she took it that way, trust me), there just isn't a cute way to say it. The downside to using a straw though? They make the deliciousness disappear much too quickly, and then the childhood part of our hearts is left feeling empty, while our stomachs suffer from feeling full. And the person next to us, who didn't use a straw, they still have half of their drink left. Booo to them.

To straw, or not to straw...

4 comments:

Kristen September 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

HAHAHA don't give me a bad rep now!!! j/k

I feel love special to have made it into your blog!!! :-P

SillyLittleLady September 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

To straw I say! What's a small pleasure without it leaving much too quickly?

Alyssa S. September 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

I learned the hard way...if the cocoa is too hot (not that I think you'd give your kids steaming hot cups) and you slurp it up with a straw...you get even MORE in your mouth to burn your tongue :) Bendy straw cups rock though...the really do!

Oh Mandie September 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Hey, did you know that you get drunk faster if you drink your beer with a straw? Not that I have the oppertunity to go out bar hopping nowadays, but that was a trick I used back in my younger days, which your post reminded me of.

I think I need to live a little a drink with a straw more often!

Post a Comment