Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Day 3.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Somewhere over the last year or so, I developed a serious addiction. Its on my mind constantly. I crave it when I don't have it. I need it. ...Peanut butter.


The other day I stepped on the scale, and admitted that things have gotten way out of control. With me and peanut butter that is. It started out with a teaspoon sized kiss so many months ago, and has slowly evolved into a half a jar daily affair. Yes, you heard me. Half-a-jar... daily.

I know. I'm embarrassed. I feel dirty. There were points when I'd even settle for chunky. You know its bad when you'll settle for chunky. There are two kinds of people. Creamy people. And chunky people. When a creamy girl settles for a spoonful of chunky, she's hit rock bottom.

I'm proud to say that I'm 3 days sober. From, ya know, peanut butter? I've limited myself to an acceptable 2 tablespoon maximum in my morning cereal, and that's become that. I wipe my hands clean of this awful calorie filled addiction. And good for me.

9 comments:

Right As Rain Creations February 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Half a jar daily? I'd say that qualifies as a serious addiction! And I thought *I* loved PB! I'm a creamy girl too - I'll only eat chunky if it is my only PB option.

Best of luck to you in scaling back! :)

Clare February 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

dammit, now I want peanut butter!

Good luck with your addiction. :)

Megan February 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Geeze lady! I also love PB, though. So much so that I carry a jar back and forth to work every day. And I love chunky and creamy for different things, haha. Good luck!

fookaDESIGNS February 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

mmmm...PB! LOL! I heard the other day that the average American has to go to the store twice a week for PB! WOW!

Me February 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

I LOVE peanut butter! Thank you for featuring my soap:)

~Angie

Unknown February 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

ooohhh, i can definitely relate! i've got a serious love affair with smucker's natural peanut butter. it's just plain, no sugar, no nothing ('cept salt), but i can't get enough.

i've got a whole collection of the glass jars over in the kitchen.

funny what you wrote about settling for chunky. i feel the same way.

Oh Mandie February 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

oh man I do love me some peanut butter! But only Jif - anything else simply will not do!

Oh and no jelly either!

Hana February 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I love peanutbutter too! Check out my website for some PB for your little one!

www.peanutbutterandella.etsy.com

Beki - TheRustedChain February 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Oh my, those cookies look INSANE!!

I love peanut butter.

My favorite is Peter Pan low fat creamy. It has this awesome gritty texture that I love, but no chunks of peanuts. Mmmmm...

Post a Comment