Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

9/366

Monday, January 9, 2012

It was a gloomy kind of day. We all got woken up at 4am by thunder/lightning/hail- the works. The storm was an on again off again thing all day. We collected over an inch of rain by the afternoon. I love the sound of water droplets on the window glass, and thunder creeping up to our overhang.

We played with lots of dinosaurs today, and watched lots of dinosaur movies. I think I might actually be a dinosaur now. I literally go around "bumping things with my horn". I have a song to go along with it and everything.



Christopher coming home for lunch every day is one of the best hours that we have. Its so refreshing to hear him come through the door- even though I usually hear Charlie screaming "Daddy! Daddys home! Daddy!" before I have a chance to hear Christopher.

I let Charlie skip his nap this afternoon because I didn't want to be left alone with the gloom. I've been feeling a little under the weather lately- I've been having a hard time adjusting to my new (treatment)diet- lots of glucose, and my stomach hates it. I trust though, I trust. One day at a time.

But anyways, I just didn't want to be left alone feeling sorry for myself (and my achy belly), so I decided to keep Charlie up to keep me company while baby sister napped upstairs in her comfy crib. And it was nice, to just relax with him on the couch. Listening to the storm. Making dinosaurs walk along the cushions. Drinking lemon water and talking about how maybe Santa will bring him a Chick Hicks.



The rainy day adventures continued after Elie got home from school. We let the kids take apart the couch and pretend it was a boat? They built cushion forts and used the arms of the sectional as diving boards into the ocean of fluff on the floor in front of them. Okay and maybe at one point they were jumping on each other, but-

"You could just see Charlie's little smile, from somewhere deep inside the pile".

Maybe tomorrow will be a snow day? And we can do it all over again.

Post a Comment