Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

6/366

Saturday, January 7, 2012

In the morning we woke up bright and early- too early. We drove Eleanore down to her school, which is just down the street and around the corner, but when its as cold as it has been, we drive. We park at the gate, walk her off base and across the street to her school, hug goodbye, and then walk back. Charlie always finds a stick. And then is always sad when we have to leave it behind.

Today was exciting though, because: When we got home I set Charlie and his dinosaurs up with The Land Before Time, and Evelyn and I had a skype date with my naturopath to go over some of the do's and don'ts of my diagnosis. I filled up 3 pages of an autobot notebook with "can't have soy", "you are now a vampire", and "cake is medicine".

See, I've got this super rare autoimmune disease, and I really want to talk about it with you (with somebody other than my husband, at least), but there is still so much swimming around in my head, that none of what I have to say would make much sense. There are certain bits of information that float to the surfice on my brain pool, but still way too much of it sinking to the bottom. I need a net. A brain net? And a garbage bin to throw some of the debri into, might be nice.

So I was really out of it today- thinking about this and that, and how to deal with it- and because of that, lots of little things were a little off.



And the kids just hate it when I'm off.
And I don't blame them.
I hate it too.



Sometime after Christopher got home, and after the oldest one had publicly abused me, followed by coming home and dropping both my laptop and camera from a very high household elevation (somewhat broken, but still working)- Evelyn and I took a seat at the kitchen table. And there we sat. I think Charlie was rolling around on the ground with his Lovey and Binky, because on top of everything else, he wasn't feeling well. Eleanore was upstairs being punished by Daddy for I-don't-even-remember-what, and- well it was just nice to sit there with her, and hold her, and remember that its not all that bad. Even when it is, ya know?

Just another day.

Post a Comment