Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

3/3660- Smoothies, Play Dough, and Duplo Castles

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I started my morning with an upbeat surprise that had me floating on a cloud. Even now, though I'm starting to remember what some of the downsides are, I'm smiling at the progress that I've made in the last couple of months, as far as my health goes. Smile. Life is good.



For breakfast I had a very green smoothie. 1 cup of homemade almond milk, 1 banana, 2 oranges, 2 cups spinach, 1 tablespoon flax seeds, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 handfuls of ice. It was a gorgeous color, and it tasted light and healthy- the only thing that would have made it more perfect was a little bit of vanilla.



I've always wanted an herb garden- but I've never been taught much about gardening, or herbs, or anything green at all really. At the house after next, I plan on really giving it a go. But for now, I've got these little lovelies growing on my window sil. Its been fun watching them blossom taller and taller with every day. It makes me happy.

Also, they're in my favorite cat mug, so-

Today was a better day. It was a sunny morning. Evelyn woke up with happy girl babbles, instead of I'm-going-vomit-all-over-you cries. And I had previously made a berry banana chia coconut pudding for the kids to have for their breakfast, so the other two didn't really have much to complain about. Pudding for breakfast? Well okay!



If I would have known that the kids would go hog wild over play dough, I would have made it forever ago. They play with it daily. Charlie doesn't play with it for very long, and he mostly just copies what Eleanore does, or tries to eat it, but- Eleanore is crazy for it. She'll play and play and play and play, until somebody distracts her with talk of food or movies. I'm so glad that they like it.



Eleanore built an amazing duplo castle today. For Christmas, Grandpa Dave had sent Evelyn some new building blocks, as well as the large peg boards to stack them up on. Eleanore thrives with these type of activities. Dolls, dress up- no thank you. But hand this girl a puzzle or a set of blocks, and she'll blow your mind.

It started with her making a "table and chairs, with food", and before I knew it, there was a giant castle where the train table once was. It was so sturdy and detailed, I thought surely Christopher must have built it. And it turns out that he may have helped a little, but- still. Eleanore is awesome. Eleanore, if you're ever reading this: you, are, awesome.



And when sister woke up from her nap that she was never actually taking, she helped, in her destructive banging on things kind of way.

But I love it when Eleanore is in a good mood and lets Evelyn play with her. I love it when they stand side by side and work together. Nobody fighting for pieces, nobody crying over who stole or broke what. Just two sisters, my babies, being friends.

And there was homemade fruit roll ups. And trips to the park. And baths loaded with essential oil fizzies. And prayers to God thanking him or her for all of it.

And I've still got that smile from this morning on my face.

Post a Comment