Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Finger Poke

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Eleanore had her very last WIC appointment on Friday. I've been going to WIC since I was pregnant with her, when we still lived in Oregon. ...has it really been that long? My daughter has really grown up that much?

She weighs 52 pounds, and is 45 inches tall. Completely off the charts for other girls her same age. More so than ever.

When it came time to check her iron (do a finger poke), she threw the mother of all tantrums, which I don't blame her for, after our terrible experience the screening before this one, and I had to wrap my legs around her body to keep her from kicking the crap out of the guy (yeah, it was a guy instead of a gal, and it was weird) doing the screening.

But when all was said and done (her iron is totally normal, by the way)...



It turns out that Eleanore has nothing but love running through her veins.

*For those of you who might be unaware of what WIC is, and how awesome their benefits are, you can read more about it here.

Post a Comment