Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Evelyn June, You're 8 Months Old

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday was your 8 month birthday, June Bug. That means that in only 4 months, you're going to be one year old. ...and theres just no way that that can be true.


You have two teeth now. Little sharp bumpleys along your bottom gum. You likes to chew on my finger to remind me that they're there, but you've yet to pull out your fangs during a feeding. And I thank you for that. I remember last month, when I wrote this letter to you, mentioning how you had no teeth. You sure are growing fast.



You still hate baby food. You seem to spit it out before I even get it into your mouth. To be fair though, I haven't really been trying that hard, on a daily basis, to get you to eat it. It always ends with both of us covered in food, none of it having gone into your tummy, and most of the time I'd rather just not deal with the mess. Lets try again tomorrow, shall we?



You've developed baby acne? I can't tell if its because of the heat, or maybe because you're allergic to bananas? I don't eat bananas often, but there have been a couple of times that I've eaten banana bread, and it seems like maybe your pimples pop up (most of them being around your mouth) when I've indulged. I've got my eye on you, little Miss. We'll get this squared away.



Your leg, its better! For a few weeks, one of your leg bones was popping in and out of place, whenever you turned your foot just so. I'm not going to candy coat this, Evelyn. It was extremely disturbing. Every time you'd do it, I'd cringe. I took you to the doctor, and you did it right there on the table for her, like a good baby. The doctor gasped, jumped back, and then laughed and said "I've never seen anything like that before! How did you make her do it?" ...pffft. You never seemed to be in any pain, but the whole thing was just so weird, I couldn't let it go. It was loud, and you did it 100 times a day. Also, you weren't putting any weight on your legs- you refused to stand (lazy girl). We took you to have x-rays, and it took them days to get back to me just to say that they didn't find anything. And then one night, while I was bringing you from your crib to our bed, for a midnight snack of course, your leg made a loud obnoxious popping sound, and I thought for sure it would be followed by screams, because I must have just broken something. ...and your leg hasn't popped in and out of place since. SO. Thats that.



You've got grabby hands. Anything that anybody has, you want it. And if you don't get it, you grunt and growl. And then if you still don't get it, you start kicking your legs and crying. And its adorable. "No no, Miss Evelyn! You may not eat the magazine paper", will surely trigger the waterworks.



You know who Daddy is!! I'm not going to lie, I don't mind that you only have eyes for me most of the time, but now when he comes home from work on his dinner break, and says hello to brother and sister, but passes you by (if you're in your jumper or tummy down on your play blanket), you throw a cute little fit. And I love seeing you love your Daddy.



You're crazy flexible. You do the splits, and stick your foot in your mouth, and bend your arm almost completely backwards. I don't think I've seen any other baby bend the way that you do. Its kind of creepy, but- I love you anyways.



You still don't sleep through the night. You did, and then you didn't, and now you don't. For awhile you were waking up 4 times a night to nurse, and now you're slowing down to just a single feeding. You roll around more in your crib, so we often find you with one leg hanging out from between the bars, or an arm reaching for a fallen binky that hit the carpet and never bounced back. You've been sleeping in the bed with me for the past couple of nights, since Daddy is working 12 hour shifts from 6pm until 6am. I don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night when you cry, when I can just roll over and present you with what you need. And you keep the bed nice and cozy while Daddy is away, so its kind of a win win.



You really like banging stuff on the ground. Brother's toy cars, spoons, your head.

You really like being worn on my chest in the Ergo. I don't think that will change anytime soon.



You're wearing size 12-18m. Things started fitting snuggly over the past week or so, crotch snaps not snapping, arm holes getting stuck on your wrist rolls, elastic waist bands leaving red bite marks along your belly because your pants were all of a sudden too tight. So I pulled everything out of your closet, and replaced it with the next size up.



Right now you're in the living room, scooting yourself around in all directions with your paws, screaming at me for taking away your Brother's grabby bowl of rice chex. you can't eat those anyways silly girl. Maybe its time for another cat nap? You've got your cranky face on. I must have worn your out at the zoo this morning.



I can't wait to see what happens between 8 and 9 months. Crawling maybe? Sitting up? Eating baby food? Sleeping through the night? Okay maybe I can wait. You're growing up entirely too fast, little one.

I have all the time in the world to wait.
I have forever.

Post a Comment