Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Ghost Brownie Fail

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Christopher was able to get some time off of work yesterday, so that he could take little Charlie to yet another doctor appointment. I was fully prepared (ok, not fully) to take the whole gang myself, but- I was very pleased to receive Christopher's "I can take him" text. Because really, taking a sick kid (more on that later), a hyperactive 4 year old, and a having-a-cranky-sort-of-day 2 month old, would have been just short of a nightmare.

After the boys left and the baby closed her eyes, I went into the pantry and pulled out a backup box of Betty Crocker (gf) brownie mix. We keep these kind of things on hand for when we want to bake on a whim, or when we run out of all other ingredients or prepared foods.

"Eleanore, oh Eleanore!" I lured.



And into the kitchen she danced.



I had pulled up a chair, and she stood beside me, helping me pour melted smart balance and flax seeds into the mixing bowl.

After all of the ingredients were good and sticky, into the ghost shaped tin foil cups they went!



Because there were no eggs in our brownies, I handed the messy beater over to Miss Elie, and she proceeded to demolish it with her giraffe tongue.

Whats more fun than licking sweet chocolaty batter? I mean really? I totally got in on the shame-on-me action too. So what.

So how do you think they turned out?



Um, what the heck happened?

Total brownie fail.

Do you think Eleanore cared, though?



Of course not.

Because don't we all secretly want a total brownie fail? A reason to eat a gooey half baked brownies with a fork, straight out of the pan?

Our ghost brownie fail was a success.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  October 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

Mmm <3 I love that last picture. The look on her face is priceless!

beka October 5, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Mmmm, brownies.
Gosh she's a cutie. Look at that crinkled-up nose in the last pic! Ha! :D

Devon October 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

i didn't realize those were baked! oh well... the batter is the best part!! :) yum!

Megan October 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Cutest pictures ever! And no, there is nothing better than warm, gooey, failed brownies (or failed fudge. Mmm, homemade fudge.)

CourtneyKeb October 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

With a smile on your kid that big, that is no fail, in my book!

Anonymous,  October 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

major bummer! it didnt turn out for a reason though..so keep your head up! next time momma!

Post a Comment