Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday- My Favorite Men

Thursday, September 9, 2010


I know that its still summer, but- September is sort of the unofficial start of pumpkin season, right? Which means that Turkey season is soon approaching, which means that its almost Christmas!! ...sort of.

Well today I was looking into the future. Wondering about how I'll wrap my gifts, about what kind of holiday treats we'll be baking, about where we'll hang out stockings.

But I was also thinking about family. Will anybody come to visit this year? Is there any way we can travel to visit somebody somewhere else? Both answers are probably no's, but- a girl can daydream.



My favorite men (minus Charlie, because he wasn't born yet).

My Dad, My Grandpa Hillis, and my Husband.

This picture was taken about 4 years ago, when Eleanore was just 4 months old. This would have been our first Christmas away from home, but I just couldn't stand it. I had never ever been away from my family over the holidays, and it was killing me. My Grandpa helped us fly home, and it turned out to be my most memorable Christmas to date.

There are several pictures from that trip, but this is the one that stood out the most today.

I miss two out of three of those men, very very much.I can't wait for the day that we're all in the same place again, listening to classic Christmas music, eating sugar cookies shaped like trees, and playing scrabble. And how nice it will be, when Charlie is able to join them for a picture.


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!



10 comments:

Jess Craig September 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

your dad is rockin' one sweet vest!

Colleen September 9, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

I first I thought that you were getting ahead of yourself with all that Christmas talk, but I've kind of been stressing Thanksgiving, so I'm not too far behind you. Like you, I'm trying to figure out how I can manage to get together with my family over the holidays, but it's not going to be easy.

You've got some cute men in your life!

Mommy Elephant Sarah September 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

I love this picture. Makes me feel all warm and cozy. We were just talking about Thanksgiving a couple days ago. Actually we were talking about Christmas too. We host both. I'm looking forward to both, but I can't believe it's time to start shopping for Christmas presents. Seems like it was only a couple months ago, Max was enjoying his first. Amazing.

XmasDolly September 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

That's really nice/sweet you're so close to your dad & gramps. I was too. Thanks for sharing. Happy Flashback Friday. I'm your latest follower. Nice to meet you. Hope you find time to stop by too.

Alyssa S. September 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Three completely awesome men! I sure hope you get another big surprise and are able to see your dad and granddad again sooner than you thought.

I wish we could have a picture like this, but both of my granddads and my dad are gone now. I would cherish such a picture!

Anika September 10, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Very sweet flashback. It is that time of year isn't it?! My how time flies...

Have a great weekend!

Christina September 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

That is really sweet. I hope you all get to be together again in the not too far future!!

Anonymous,  September 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Im right there with you...its hard and it downright sucks being so far away from family. What does no kill us..only makes us stronger right?

considerthelillies September 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

a very special picture for sure! I hope that this holiday season is your best ever!
Thanks for the comment about a recipe for pumpkin spice lattes. I remember reading your post about it last year! I will have to look in your archives to try making it!

Chelsea September 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

What a special picture indeed.

*memories*

see, people give me crap for bringing my camera with me everywhere, but without photos, we wouldn't be able to look back on these sweet times in our lives.

Post a Comment