Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Black And White Moments

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Its not very often, anymore, that I get to spend very much time alone- just Me and my Charlie.

After Big Sister went to bed this evening, Christopher brought a freshly bathed little man down to me, said goodbye to us both, and then headed off to work.

I sat down on the floor beside him, camera in hand.

Doesn't he look so different, so grown up, with his new haircut?
What happened to my little baby boy?
Who is this toddler?
Who is this big boy?



He watched his Daddy's every move. From the driveway, as far down the street as his eyes would follow- until the cycle disappeared in the distance.



"Cycle, cycllllllllle", he called out. Over and over again, until I repeated it back to him.

"Yes, Daddy went back to worky on his cycle", I verified.



Well what do we do now, Mom?
...I guess we've always got my firetruck.




Or, we could snuggle.

And snuggle, and snuggle, and snuggle.

But, soon snuggling with Mama just wasn't enough. Soon he needed all of his closest friends.

Puppy dog, and binky, and Lovey...



By that time- he was done.

Up the stairs we go. Time for bed.

And even though we only had half an hour of alone time with each other tonight, little man, its more than we usually get, and I will forever treasure these black and white moments...

16 comments:

Brigette July 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

it's so weird to see him now! He looks so differnt without his hair longer. but he's still adorable and even when he's older he'll still be mommas little boy.

beka July 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Oh dear, it's true.
He is getting bigger.
I love that one of him laughing.
And the one of mommy and not-quite-SO-little boy. :)
Sweet moments, huh?

Lacey July 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Oh, Mama. That was sweet.

Kitty July 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

oh, what a cutie he is!
so handsome.

you did a good job with that haircut miss mama. ^.^-b

p.s., those are the cutestest jammies evars.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

He does look older! Such a cute boy! Did he fall asleep on the floor? These photos need to be framed.

Unknown July 15, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

I don't what else to say about this other than I love these, gave me a huge smile.

Hope you and Evelyn are doing well. :)

TexasBobbi July 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Sounds like a perfect half hour.

Anonymous,  July 15, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

I told my hubby thats how I should cut my our son's hair too..its sooo adorable!! Love the photos..and of course the "bubby powder" fight..too cute!

soul_searching_mama July 16, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

So beautiful (as always) Tia! I loved the photos of Charlie! It's moments like these that we need to cherish. :)

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 16, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

I love this. I can so relate to this lil boy/ mama time obviously because of M, so this just warms my heart. :)

I can't believe you got the truck from the $1.00 bin!! I'm going back next week, after we get paid. I have to check a different Target for those, and for these donut erasers I saw on another blog. I know..like I need them. They are cute though, I love cupcake and donut things. I must have. Hahaha.

Devon July 16, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

wasn't he hot in that sleeper? makes me hot just looking at him.. and i'm in PA! :)

what great pictures you took... sweet memories to cherish always!

Unknown July 16, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

That spaceship onesie is ADORABLE. OMG.

Alyssa S. July 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

I'm so falling in love with doing things in black and white. The look is just so...special. He does look so big with the new do. He's hitting that point where he's looking more toddler than baby...until the end with his blankie and binky...then the baby was back :)

Desiree July 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

He's getting so grown up!! What a sweetie!

Post a Comment