Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Elie's Toddler Years Part 1

Friday, July 16, 2010


I've got brownies in the oven, fresh baked bread on the counter waiting to be sliced, both babies are upstairs asleep in their beds, Christopher is away at work, and again- I find myself completely lost in a whirlpool of Eleanore's toddler pictures. The more I look at them, the easier it is for the memories to break down barriers and come rushing back...



Her first frozen waffle. Whispy hair, a ruffle butt one piece outfit, those big gorgeous blue eyes... and a frozen waffle.



Her first trip to the zoo. She wore a handmade owl onesie (thank you Aunt Steph), she posed for picture after picture, and she watched and observe a whole new world of animal friends.



Her second Thanksgiving (her first one awake). She made herself right at home, in the tupperware cabinet, while Mommy and Daddy spent all day cooking. And, it was the first time watching snow fall.


*******************************************************
If you're new to Flashback Friday, don't be shy! Heres how we do it-

Grab an old photo (or if you're like me, a bazillion), write a little bit about it, and link up! We love love love to invade your personal Polaroid history, so don't be shy, post your photo, and expect a lot of comments starting with "awwwwww". Unless its a sad post, and then... well those might start with "awww" too. I swear, most weeks I cry at half of your flashbacks (I know, I'm pregnant, so-). Anyways- (please please) don't forget to either text link back to this post, or grab one of our buttons from down below.


15 comments:

Bellz Journey July 16, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

awww .... (ok you are right about the posts begining with awws) she is so darling in all of these photos!! Zoo pictures are my fav though :)

Devon July 16, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

aww... such sweet pictures!

she has such great hair! i didn't have hair until i was like 4! haha! my sister told me i was a boy cuz i had "boy hair"... and sadly, i believed her!

love that you got a pic of her seeing her first snow fall!!!

Renee July 16, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

She does have some gorgeous blue eyes!!! Sweet pictures!!

Unknown July 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

I was frustrated for about two seconds after she spilled the crumbs, but it was pretty funny, lol. And now I have pictures...

Thanks so much for the chance to share my photo, as soon as I found it I was sooo excited and thought of FF. Have a great Friday :)

Alyssa S. July 16, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Toddler pics are so fun to look back at. They look more grown up, but you can still see the baby in them. Such cute pics. She looks like a little doll :)

Rogue Wild July 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Those pictures are wonderful! I love her zoo pics and the snow out the window! So, so sweet!

I love seeing how they change! I had to pull out baby/toddler pics a couple days ago (after Charlies haircut post) and I spent hours looking through my box ... you're so right, the picture pulls the memories to the surface!!!

Oh Mandie July 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

aww, she's such a cutie. I have to hand it to you, you guys sure do make some adorable babies! Love how expressive her blue eyes are!

The Doll July 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

Such sweet pictures. My favorite is seeing snow for the first time. That is just magical.

Melissa July 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

I love her eyes they are so beautiful!

beka July 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Hmmm. I'd have to say Ellie takes more after Chris, and Charlie after you....but then there are those shots where it's just like: whoa. That is sooooo "".
Makes for ultra-cuteness. ;)

Danielle @ We Have It All July 16, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Aww cute pictures...

How are you doing? I hope you're feeling good!

Have a great weekend :)

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 17, 2010 at 3:32 AM  

So great!! Love the zoo pictures! eeeee!! :)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 17, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Hee, I just looked at my Google analytics and I get 9% of all my traffic from your site. AND: your Get to Know a Mama is the #2 most visited URL behind thepapermama.blogspot.com.

I just thought that was funny. :D

Chelsea July 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

(what a gorgeous little fam you've got girl!)

Anonymous,  July 18, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

well first off hope christopher had a great birthday..and secondly...i adore your pictures!! kids grow up waaay too fast : )

Post a Comment