Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Nigh-night, Charlie

Thursday, June 3, 2010

My kids, are not the kind of kids that can fall asleep anywhere. You know how you see kids slung over shoulders, snoring loudly and drooling down the back of their parent's shirt? Not my kids. Or maybe you've got a picture of your toddler fallen over his or her bed, still holding their favorite toy, halfway into their pajamas, but having fallen asleep before they could get that second arm into the arm hole? Not my kids.

For some reason, my babies like to keep a strict routine. They refuse to sleep, unless snuggled with their lovies, in their beds. And thats that.

But the other day, after running 203,089 errands and exhausting every outing opportunity that we possibly could in one day, Eleanore shouts from the kitchen "Oh no! Charlie!".

My imagination assumes the absolute worst, and I instantly picture my baby boy choking on his avocado (likely, right?). I jump up quicker than any pregnant woman in the history of third trimesters, and leap from the living room the dining room, the same room really, in a single bound.

..."awwwww", is what came out of my mouth next.



The sweetest thing ever. For the second time in his life, Charlie fell asleep somewhere other than his bed or car seat. He managed to finish all of his lunch first, leaving only a few spare crumbs around the edges of his mouth, and then closed his eyes and drifted off to dreamy land.

He must have been one very tired boy.

15 comments:

beka June 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

I love this cute, short, randomly-documenting-adorableness post.
Wai-wai-wait. You can choke on avocado?
Never knew that! (hehe)
*sigh* He's sweet. :)

Kitty June 3, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

awww hahahaa, what a cutie! :D

Casey June 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

I looooove when the kids do that. Luke doesn't sleep well at night and is always falling asleep in the middle of the day somewhere on the floor and Leia will spot him and say "Awww, look at Wook, he's so cute sweeping" it melts my heart <3

considerthelillies June 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

oh, I want to pinch those cheeks!! And.. my kids never fell asleep unless in their own beds either!

April June 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Awwwww, I LOVE me some Charlie pics. I hope my infatuation with your son doesn't creep you out too much!!

Lacey June 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Wow! That's super cute and also a rare siting in my house as well, a baby sleeping that is, not Charlie himself. ha!

My boy has only fallen asleep outside of his bed and outside the presence of his blanket and noise maker (ocean waves) only once when he was five months old. I took a picture of the moment because I knew then it was rare and I'd probably never see it again.

P.S. I love how the light bounces off his kissable cheek! Great pic!

Lana June 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

omg i know what you mean...my daughter never sleeps anywhere but her bed, my bed, or the car seat. And this picture is so cute!

Alyssa S. June 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

I just love the little traces of crumbs on those cheekies :) Mine fall asleep in the funniest places. Amelia is great because wherever she passes out, you can move her. With Merrick, you just has to leave him where he lies or there is a 50/50 chance he will wake up and not want to go back to sleep in his bed, even if he's been asleep for all of 2 minutes.

Allison June 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

Aww. My child also will not sleep anywhere also. I am so jealous of those kids who fall asleep on shoulders or in strollers. That isn't my baby either!

How exciting that he just... fell asleep! (After lunch, of course, he's gotta have priorities.)

Brandi June 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

my daughter is NOT one of those kids either! her bed or the car seat only, no matter how tired she might be.

sweet pic!

Johanna June 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

I wish I could just hang out with you and your lovely kiddies! This picture of Charlie.....oh, it just melts my heart. He's beautiful Tia.

amy June 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

so...my babe will actually sleep anywhere, but that can be a bad thing! she'll take little cat naps whenever we're in the car/stroller/bjorn, so she never saves up enough tired for a real nap! i actually *wish* she were addicted to a schedule! :)

Anonymous,  June 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

SWEET! your children are beautiful.....

Post a Comment