Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday- Kitty Loves Fat Foot

Thursday, June 3, 2010


Here I am, just a few days shy of 30 weeks pregnant. Which basically means, that I eat, breathe, and sleep hormones. I wake up to every little sound in the night, a bird chirping (they like to start up at or around 3am) or my husband breathing too loud (I tell him to roll over at least once every two hours). I know the kicks and punches of Bean's daily routine. I drink water by the buckets and eat crunchy gorilla munch cereal like its the only thing that God put on this planet for nutrition. I am, pregnant.

I missed my morning walk (again), this morning, due to some "come in and let us monitor you" adventures I got to go participate in at the hospital. It was my own fault, really (ahem), but still- very unpleasant and chaotic for the entire family. So this evening, after we had all eaten dinner (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the babies, egg sandwiches for the grown ups), I decided we'd brave the evening heat and walk up and down Virginia Street as many times as we could stand to.

"Are you sure you're ok?", my husband asked me every 5 seconds.

Just because I'm huffing and puffing like I'm climbing a mountain, does not mean anything- ..."Yes, I'm ok". Towards the end of the street, we were greeted by some donkeys at a fence line. Rather than take the kids off roading, even though they would have loved it, we waved at our new friends from the path, talked about long ears and long tails, and then continued on our way. With all of the snakes that I've seen laying on the roads recently, I'd rather not risk the 30 feet of unknown grass. Donkeys are cute and all, but- snakes are no joke in my book.

We walked up an down Virginia, one and a half times. Once we got back around to our street, we had to make the decision to keep going or take a right down Indiana. My skin felt like it was burning, the heat was unbearable. The biggest mosquito I've ever seen in my life (seriously, wow), was on Christopher's back, stealing a meal through his shirt (I hesitated before knocking him off with my hand, I was literally afraid). Both of the babies, who had been sitting not so patiently in the double stroller, had bright red faces and were in need of baths and bedtimes, so ...home we went.

When I got inside (Christopher was on his own getting the babies out of the stroller and into the house. I hauled it straight to the air conditioning) and untied my shoes, the sock marks indented in my swollen skin reminded me of one of my very favorite pictures. And because I just blogged about my sweetheart Kitty Bomber, my (not so) Wordless Wednesday post this week, I thought it would be fitting to post this picture...



I'd like to introduce you all, to my good friend "Fat Foot".


This picture was taken when I was pregnant with Charlie, right around the 27 week mark- so not far from where I'm currently at. And yep, thats about what my foot looks like right now, minus the adorable kitty paw prints that you see in the picture.

I had been laying on the couch, all stretched out and comfortable, when Kitty saw something across the room that distracted her and made her stand up and really focus. In the 60 seconds or less that she used my foot as a pedestal, before jumping and attacking the fly on the window sill, she managed to leave perfectly formed little kitty cat finger prints on my severely swollen right foot.

While it was kind of gross how much my body had transformed itself into a water bed, Kitty Bomber knew just how to make me see the bright side of things.

Edema has never looked so gosh darn adorable.

*******************************
If you'd like to join in on the flashbacky fun, don't be shy. Get out an old picture, upload it to your blog, flickr, twitpic, facebook- whatever works for you, write a little bit about it, and then come back here and link up! Make sure you either grab our flashback button from the bottom of the page, or link back here the simple text style.


31 comments:

Christina June 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Oh my gosh Tia, hahaha. That is great!!! It's good you took a picture of that, I have never seen a paw print in a pregnant woman's skin before. teehee!!!!
And wow now you are 30 weeks already! :)

Alyssa S. June 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

OK, not for nothin, but those little kitty feet really do make something not fun look tres adorible. I was VERY fortunate...both kids were born in February and I was pregnant during the cold months, with Amelia in a true winter climate, the cold kept my swelling down...while I was pregnant. The epidurals I got with both made me swell AFTER I gave birth. With Merrick, so much that I was barely able to get my shoes on to go home from the hospital. I can't even remember if I was able to lace them up!

Poor Momma...the end is near..ish. You will have your real feet back soon enough :)

April June 3, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

You TOTALLY should have ran out and got that as a tattoo!!! Oh wait, you were 27 weeks preggers, maybe not such a great idea. A sharpie instead??

I hope your home stretch is as calm as possible!

soul_searching_mama June 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

That is hilarious!! I love it! :)

Allison June 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

I'm sorry you're so swollen (again) but what a cool picture!

Melissa June 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

That is so crazy yet cool at the same time. I have never seen such a thing.

Oh Mandie June 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Being so swollen that your feet look and feel like Christmas hams stinks, but boy oh boy is that one cute picture!

And I'm with April, that would make one rad tattoo!

Fallon June 4, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Oh my! your foot is the cutest swollen foot I've ever seen. I can't believe the perfect kitty prints. This is possible the greatest photo ever!

Mommy Elephant Sarah June 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

OMG!! I love it! I never knew that could happen. It's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

Carrie June 4, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

i love the fat foot with kitty bombers prints.

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 4:09 AM  

poor you and your feet, I never thought edema could look so cute! thanks for sharing and hosting! :)

Devon June 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

so weird! but cool... i never would've imagined that could happen! kind of neat you captured it with your camera!

Colleen June 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

I'm not sure that anything would have gotten me out to walk in that kind of heat. You are either insane or incredibly dedicated... I'll go with dedicated.

The paw prints are hysterical! Before I read the explanation, I was trying to figure out how you managed to get that print on your foot.

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy June 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Wow that's so cool! The kitty prints not the swollen feet. That's no fun. My feet looked like that when I was pregnant too.

Danielle @ We Have It All June 4, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Oh no! Your poor feet! I do gotta say though...
It's SO COOL that you were able to get an imprint like a paw print!
I hope you're not too uncomfortable though. I swelled with ALL my kids pregnancies. Not fun. And I stayed swelled for about a week or so after each delivery.

Jessica June 4, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Thats cute! Never thought something like that could happen!

Anika June 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Aaahhhahaha, I looove that little paw print. It does make swelling a very cute thing!

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Oh mah goodness, that is an awesome (and equally revolting) photo! Poor Tia!!

CourtneyKeb June 4, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Um that's AWESOME!
(Although I know it sucks to be all swolled upped!)
It reminds me of the game I used to play while incredibly swollen and preggo myself.
The game was called "See if you can make out the words I write with my swollen fingers on my swollen ankles."
haha

beka June 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

That's epically cute....the paw-prints.
Huge mosquito, ick!!! Scary!
So glad you were okay and got to go home after the *random* hospital visit. ;)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Oh now. I love/hate this photo! I love the sweet kitty prints! I hate the memory of my feet looking/feeling like that.... What a great flashback!

I have been so busy I'm behind on reading all my fave blogs. :( I'm so happy you found kitty. Sleepy Charlie is amazingly cute. AND, I will so let you know how the Babycook works. I'm not quite sure when to start feeding her veggies. She's been eating rice cereal for a couple weeks now. Happy friday!

-chelsey

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Hi there! New follower, 'cause of Flashback Friday. What a fun idea! :)

Hope your last weeks are restful, calm, and peaceful ones!

Jess
thelittleblondegirl.blogspot.com

Alita June 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Um adorable!!!

I sooooooooo remember the cankle days and I hated them. OUCH how uncomfortable. HUGGLES right at 'cho.

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Oh man. *scared face* I am scared to get pregnant! Oh man. *inhale* !!! lol. But I love the paw prints! Seriously!

This is my first Flashback Friday! i cannot wait to continue!

Garret J...3G Racing June 4, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Hi,
I your latest follower...I like the Flashback Fridays and could use some followers myself! I'm trying to pick up some sponsorships for racing and was hoping a blog would help...worth a try!
Garret

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 5, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

By the way: that crazy kid above me is my cousin. :)

Hobocamp Crafts June 8, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

OMG I remember when you posted this picture! I love it! xo

Post a Comment