Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Sending Out Some Ornaments!

Monday, December 7, 2009


Yessss!! I'm finally finished making all of my ornaments for my exchanges and gifts! I know you're dying to see the outcome (or at least in my mind, everyone is just as excited about them as I am), but I'm still not ready to post photos of the actual ornaments themselves.

On Saturday, just before getting ready for Christopher's holiday party (a picture or two from that is coming soon), I sat down on the dining room floor surrounded by tissue paper, ribbon, brown paper bags, and bubble wrap. The baby kept crawling towards me in between fits of hysteria, "I'm gonna get Mommy, and its going to be so funny!", he must have been thinking, so Christopher swept both kids off into the far away land of the upstairs, so that I could finally get something accomplished, uninterrupted. It took about two hours to get 8 ornaments wrapped up and packaged, which I did all while listening to Christmas music and humming along. All of the little brown packages are currently sitting in the back of Jetfire (that's our car), anxiously awaiting their trip to the post office this afternoon!

My to do list is slowly getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller. My next project, which I'll be working on little by little, every night this week if I can- make a Rainbow Brite themed treasure chest full of star sprinkles to hand over to Santa, to put under the tree on Christmas Eve for little Miss Eleanore Sue (and yesss, there will be a tutorial for that as well!).

6 comments:

Giggly December 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

You're a busy little mama! My list just keeps growing!! Ahhhh!!

jessicajane December 7, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

yayy, i love your holiday banner :)

Christina December 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

It sure does take a long time wrapping things up for sending! I know what you mean! Hmm my to do list hasn't shrunk yet! I still have to make many gifts(for family) and do shopping for little kids we know. I better get crackin. :P

The Girl Made From Color December 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

I am just as excited as you think we are. I'd love to see them. And you're doing a tutorial, right? I can't wait.

Alyssa S. December 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I just shipped off my last gift...so I think I'm done! I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the rest of Christmas :)

iampalegreen December 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

A Rainbow Brite themed treasure chest?! You're the best mom ever!!

The ornament packaging looks beautiful! I wish I hadn't missed out on the sign up for the exchange. It would have been fun. C'est le vie!

Post a Comment