Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Ornament Exchange, Ornament #1

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I've always wanted to take part in a handmade ornament exchange. I've done a couple of "buy an ornament at the store, to swap" kind of exchanges, through previous jobs before, but never a "I made this with love, for you to hang on you tree" type of exchanges. This year, I signed up for more than one. In all, I have to make 9 ornaments. They're already made, and ready to be sent out to my swap partners. I still have some photographing to do for an upcoming tutorial (trust me, you'll love them. They're beautiful, and cost less than $1 each to make), and I don't want to spoil the surprise for any of them that might read my blog, so I can't share them with you just yet.

On Thursday though, I got my first ornament in the mail! And, my first Christmas card. Yes the card came inside the package with the ornament, but I think it still counts. The lovely Fallon (you can click on her name to hop over to her blog sweet fancy), is way ahead of the rest of us, apparently.


The packaging on her ornament was so nice, it took me a minute of studying it to determine if I should open it or not. "Is... this... the ornament? Or... is this just the packaging?", I wondered. I didn't see a string attached to it anywhere though, so decided it was just the packaging (swap partners- my packaging will not be nearly as nice, haha). Good call, Tia.


Lookit how cute! I really really like this ornament. It reminds me so much of home. Here in Texas, the rainy season is from March-May, in the winter everything is dry and brown. Having this adorable little umbrella on my tree reminds me of beautiful puddle stomping days that we have to look forward to in the spring. Thank you Fallon, I love it!

----------
**On a side note. I put up a holiday banner. What do y'all think? Do you think holiday banners are tacky, because I'm kind of wanting to do them for every season now, haha. I had seen quite a few go up on friends blogs this past week, so decided to jump onto the holiday blogger bandwagon. Thank you for the inspiration, friends.

11 comments:

Elizabeth December 5, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

That christmas card is to die for! and, your banner is def adorable!

Maggie December 5, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Oh, ornament exchanges sound fun! I will have to remember to get in on some next year.

I think your holiday banner is great, since it keeps the same style as the rest of your blog. Where I don't like them is when they make no sense with the rest of the design.

jessicajane December 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

awwwe, yours is blue! ours is red. I say ours because I let Tim open the package, with me by his side of course! He also wasnt sure if he should open the wrapping. He kept saying, " it's sewn shut!! its sewn shut!! do i open it?" lol. He doesnt understand the concept of AWESOME packaging like that.

and yes, Fallon is way ahead of the game. Props to her.

Christina December 5, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

I really like your holiday banner!!! Not tacky one bit. :)

Oh my goodness, that ornament is so cute. I love the look of it!

Brandi December 5, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

aww i love the umbrella ornament - AND your banner!

Mommy Elephant Sarah December 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Cute ornament!! And your banner looks great!

Amy December 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Had to click through from my reader to see the new header... Love it! Not tacky at all. Totally you.

Esmeralda Bohemian December 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I love the new banner and was going to leave a comment saying so~ And the ornament is precious as well, can't wait to see what you cooked up!

Unknown December 5, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Aw, I love that ornament!! How cute!!

Crafty Mama December 6, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

That is such a cutie! I love the idea of swaps, but never get around to actually joining one.

Fallon December 6, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Yey! Tia!! I'm so happy you liked it :) I had a blast making all the ornaments for our exchange. I can't wait to see what you've made!

Post a Comment