Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 15

Friday, November 6, 2009


The other day when I was cleaning out the laundry room (seriously, I'm so excited- its still clean) I found a box full of old photographs and diddlybobs (not an actual word, I know, and yeah the laundry room had better still be clean after only two days, haha). Inside the bent up and taped back together Huggies diaper wipe box, was one of my old high school ID cards. I remember at the time, thinking that it was a really good picture, and thinking that maybe I was finally developing into a prettier girl than I had been for the majority of my childhood.

Ready for it?

...


Yep.

And because you can't see it, and I think that it is critical information- I was wearing a black jersey style Tinkerbell shirt. Obviously, I was very popular.

Look at how perfectly clear my skin was. I would do anything to have that skin back! I didn't wear makeup back then, I didn't know how to operate a blow dryer (again, very popular. All the boys were waiting in line), but for not knowing much about beauty products, I don't think it was as bad as it could have been, right? Not yet at least. My rebellious phase didn't kick into gear until a year or so later (and boy I can't wait until I can go into details about that).

I'm glad I kept it. Even if I was never the prom queen that I would have liked to be at the time, its nice to have this credit card sized piece of plastic to look back on.
---------------------------------------

Flashback with me! You don't have to have a blog, you can post a picture on your facebook page, your Flickr, whatever works for you. Memories disappear if you don't exercise them... just sayin', hehe.

Make sure to link back to this post, and then come and add your Flashback link to the list below!

19 comments:

This Little Bird November 6, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

d00d... would you have really wanted to be prom queen anyways? I wouldn't have. I love the pic, mine from high school are similar.. and I still don't know how to put on makeup or blow dry my hair and I'm 33yo!

Sometimes in high school I wanted to be the prom queen type. But now as a grown up and a mom I have realized that the prom queen bitches that should have grown out of the "bitch" stage... didn't! Be totally glad and proud of who you are and what you've become... A Super Mom/Wife and a kind human being.
:)

Christina November 6, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

I still have a college ID from 2001. I also thought it turned out decent but now I'm like ack! hehe. My hair was shorter, I was slightly more punk rock too lol. At least I thought I was!

Unknown November 6, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

omg.... you were so cute!

you still are, but *knuckles* for not being popular and a *high five*!

Alyssa S. November 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

How cool you still had that. I think I burned all of mine :) I think my freshman year ID might have actually been a cute pic, but it's long gone. My college ID's were awful and I'm pretty sure I disposed of them too. You are right, your skin looks amazing...and you look just like someone I would have known in high school :)

Lauren November 6, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I'm just trying to keep track of my current ID, let alone looking back at old ones =D. Its so fun to remember the old ones though - your skin is stunning!

Giggly November 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Cute! Oh man, I miss my skin too...
I should drag out my funny old ID cards.

soul_searching_mama November 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

That is a really good picture!! I'm totally jealous...I still have my high school ID cards & they always seemed to turn out worse than my driver's license. I wasn't part of the popular crowd either, but I don't really think it matters what group you belonged to in high school anyway--it all ends after high school. Every person has to start over and find their way in the world--popular or not--and the people who stayed true to who they were in high school find it a lot easier to find their way in the world afterward. I'd much rather know who I am than be a fake prom queen, you know? :) Thanks for sharing your ID picture!

Unknown November 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

That is a great picture, Tia. I'd rather die than show off how completely retarded (said in the most PC of ways) I looked at that age. Ugh, never in a million years would I want to relive jr high or high school.

Amy November 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

I'm not sure I'd have recognized you if I didn't know it was you. You skin is definitely lovely. THERE'S NO WAY I'd want my high school skin back. *shudders*

lollywood November 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

haha i remember always dreading ID pictures because if it was horrible, i'd have to wait another year to change it. i definitely have one from 7th grade with a southpark necklace and hanson shirt. yes, i was hardcore.

Hybrid Hopes November 6, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

i think you look super cute.

Krista November 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

I think I have several of my student I.D.s as well - scary. I bet I have big hair in 90% of them lol

PS. I've got a little something for you on my site to thank you for letting me read your awesome blog!

~Krista
http://typical-ramblings.blogspot.com

Crafty Mama November 6, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

No high school i.d., but I found a pretty suh-weet picture from my freshman year.

I actually made homecoming court my junior year, but there were only 15 girls in my class. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because I was popular.

Tia November 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

Gosh, it's just simply amazing. I have absolutely no pictures of myself. Ever. Yup.

Ok, fine. Not only do you have me "thinking" about cleaning, now you want me to dig through old boxes of pictures. I really need to stop eHanging with you.

Hang on. I'll find one for next week. Cuz I'm good at procrastinating like that.

Tia November 6, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Wow, go me! I did it.

Good lord, I can't wait to get to my Jr High pictures. Just. Can. Not. Wait. *snort*

Sarah November 6, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, it is AWESOME SAUCE.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations November 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Looking at that year I am feeling old.

You are adorable!!

I do not wear makeup or blow-dry my hair either.

Megan November 6, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Awesome! I have my 10th grade ID somewhere...I look pretty much the same, haha.

I wasn't horribly popular, either. People knew who I was but I didn't have friends. Oh, well. We're both happy now, right?

merelythemoon November 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

We were matched in the blogger ornament exchange! This is such a lovely idea!

Post a Comment