Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Tofu Cheesecake *GF*

Saturday, November 7, 2009


Last time I was at the commissary (the military version of a grocery store, everything is roughly 30% off, no sales tax- kind of rad), I picked up a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups for only $1.50. Normally I wouldn't buy something like that, I don't need the sugar, I don't need the temptation, if I really want peanut butter cups I can just make my own, right? ...Somehow they ended up in my cart, in a bag (somebody asked in a previous post where I got my brown paper bags, since I had mentioned something about saving them for an upcoming holiday project- so to answer your questions, the commissary), in the back of Jetfire (you may have missed the post where we named our car), and then on the kitchen counter.

"What am I going to do with those?", I asked the microwave as I stood above the autumn colored bag on the counter, in desperate attempts to find a use for them before I ate them all myself. You talk to your appliances too, right?

Our last package of refrigerated tofu had 3 days left before it expired, so, I figured I had better make the most of the situation, and combine the two. Tofu peanut butter something. I didn't want to bake anything, I just wanted it to be done already. A freezer cheesecake! Yes. Normally I would use cashews for such a thing, but I'm saving the remaining bag of cashews for a vegan fudge experiment (which will happen today or tomorrow, lets hope I don't mess it up).

I put out a call for help, a 3 year old by the name of Eleanore extended her hand, and we got to blendin'. Before I list the ingredients, I have to say, they're weird. You're more than welcome to try my recipe, but hopefully this will inspire you to adapt it, and make it your own. I combine sour cream and tofu. Sugar and stevia. Who does that? I feel a little less guilty when its half healthy, ya know? I bet you do know, though.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Tofu Cheesecake

Ingredients:
-1 package soft tofu (I didn't drain it, but probably should have)
-3/4 cup peanut butter
-3/4 cup sour cream
-1 tsp stevia (this is equal to about 8 Tbsp sugar)
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 tsp vanilla
-32 31 30 29 28 Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped

The Crust:
-I cup ground peanuts
-1 Tbsp chocolate
-2 Tbsp sugar

This is what you do:
-Mix the crust ingredients together, and sprinkle the mixture into the bottom of a spring form.
-Mix all of the cheesecake ingredients together in a blender.
-Pour the cheesecake into the spring form, refrigerate or freeze. Wait a few hours. Eat it.

So easy. And really, it totally tasted like cheesecake after it was cold. Don't let the batter fool you (because I know you're going to be licking the spatula, dipping it, and then licking it again).

Someday I'm going to post recipes for things other than cakes, I promise. I'm not so much a fan for the salty as I am the sweet.

Yum!

8 comments:

Sarah November 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

You're killing me. Sweet in so many ways. NO idea that gluten free could be so yummy :)

Lauren November 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Mmm. That sounds amazing! Love the flavours, and of course - anything with peanut butter cups =D.

Fallon November 7, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Mmmmm... mouth watering :)

Maggie November 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

It looks really great! I seem to have an opposite set of sensitivities to you- I can't eat tofu or stevia! But is does look and sound really good.

soul_searching_mama November 7, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

You want to know how delicious that sounds? I-just-made-yummy-oatmeal-cookies-and-now-I-want-that-instead kind of delicious. :) You are so inventive in the kitchen--I wish I was that brave!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals November 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Now I am starving!!! LOL Looks grrreeaattt!

erin November 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

What brand of stevia do you use? I use SweetLeaf--0 chemicals, 0calories, 0 carbs, and 0 glycemic index!

It looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment