Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

We Love Our Sponsors

Thursday, November 5, 2009


We started offering ad space on our blog last month, which is something that I had been wanting to do for over a year, but was too scared to dive into. I remember setting goals for myself, multiple times, telling myself "once I reach this many views a day, then I'll do it". That many views came and went (which really surprised me, and still excites me), but I just couldn't bring myself to commit to my blog that seriously. By selling ad space (whether it be to friends, or strangers), that means I have to be, a blogger. Not just, "Oh I update sometimes. Once last week, three times this week, next week maybe I won't update at all", which is completely ok to do, but I knew that if I was going to reach out and let people sponsor me, it would have to be more along the lines of- "I'm going to update my blog at least 5 times a week, and I'm going to put my heart into it. I'm going to document and share my life with whoever wants to take a few minutes out of their day, to read about it. I'm going to put myself, and my family, out there". And finally I've made the commitment. Last month we sold all but two ad spaces (we decided to offer 10 a month), we upgraded our look, and I've got a million and three projects up my sleeve (seriously, ask for brown paper bags next time you go to the store, save them, and separately, get your pumpkins ready for an I-baked-my-Thanksgiving-pie-completely-from-scratch challenge).

Please take a few minutes to click-visit the shops of the artists and crafters who support me, my writing, and my family. They've all got buttons over on the right sidebar, just a single click will take you straight to their Etsy shops. I'm not even kidding when I say this, but these amazing people, are helping my kids have a Christmas. Our military salary isn't exactly busting the threads that hold our wallet together, ifyaknowwhatImean.

Thank you, November sponsors.

5 comments:

Lauren November 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Awesome! I've been looking into ad space and whatnot, but I'm more confused than ever! I get what you mean about calling yourself a blogger - I feel so odd identifying myself that way (especially at times when I've been inconsistent). Congrats though, everything is looking great!!

five dot design November 5, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

You are so welcome, Tia! We're excited to sponsor your blog and we appreciate you allowing us to have a space!

elsie November 6, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

You certainly are making it easy AND tempting by offering to make peoples little "widgety thingies" for them!

So how many views did you reach a day before you decided to take the "plunge"? Your blog looks great the ads don't take away a thing from your overall look!

Kyla Roma November 6, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

I love the way you've done this!! I think this is what I'm going to do when I bring ads back. So much better than going with a Mega Service. Brilliant! =)

Crafty Mama November 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Congrats on the commitment! That's a huge, scary step.

Also, where do you get paper bags? There aren't any stores around me that still offer them. Most stores now are even asking if you want a bag at all.

Post a Comment