Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Clean Week. Day 1. The Kitchen.

Monday, November 9, 2009

As promised, I cleaned the heck out of my kitchen yesterday. Thus, starting off clean week with an explosive Clorox soaked bang.

Yesterday morning, when Christopher took both kids to the commissary, I rolled up my sleeves, turned off the computer (I would have much rather lounged around staring at Christmas deals and reading warm November written recipes), and dug in. I knew this day would come, when I'd have to pull everything off of the counters, everything out of the cupboards, and then scrub scrub scrub. I thought, however, that it wouldn't happen until we had gotten orders to a new base, and were cleaning for our farewell inspection. I'm slowly learning (and this is a laugh), that moving out of a house isn't the only reason for you to clean it, hah!

I'm not even going to bother with going into details (about how I took literally everything off of its shelf, cleaned both the shelf and the item, and then put it all back). Nobody is going to be like "oh wow, she cleaned the top of the fridge too??" anyways right? To be honest, I'm completely exhausted. I'll just post the pictures, and you can have a look for yourself...


My pictures aren't the best this time around. Usually I put a little bit more effort into my photography, but seriously- they're pictures of cleaning (you don't mind, do you?).





...not so bad, right? Look at all of that counter space!! I realize now that I should have taken picture of the stove, and the newly filled pantry shelf, but- oh well.


One day down. Four more to go.

If you're joining in on the clean week action, post the link to your before and after pictures below. It doesn't matter what you clean, anything is better than nothing. And it will feel so good to have things in order before the holidays get here, won't it? That's my biggest motivator.

11 comments:

Unknown November 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Um... wanna come and do my place next??

This Little Bird November 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

yay... great job. I'm taking a break from doing my kitchen right now.. hearts not really in it.. but I'm gonna do it.
It's so refreshing to see that others clutter up the counters just like me :)
Thanks for the inspiration... I'll get off the computer now and get back to it.

Art Kitten November 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I cleaned my kitchen this weekend too! Though not nearly as thoroughly as you... The kitchen is normally my husband's job to do, he does the kitchen, laundry, garbage and recycling and I do everything else (including helping him with his jobs occasionally) and I realized looking at the kitchen on Saturday that his definition of "cleaning the kitchen" consists of washing the dishes and sweeping. Not cleaning the counters, the cupboards, the stove, mopping or anything else. It was bad, I scrubbed and then lectured (somewhat lovingly). I wished I would have gotten before and after pics!

Oh Mandie November 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

yeah, I'm with Marisa... feel free to swing on over to Pennsylvania and do my kitchen next.

If doing the mountain of laundry that has gone ignored for the past 2 weeks in the midst of colds/flus counts, then I suppose I'm cleaning today as well.

Amy November 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Are you cleaning before the holidays get here or before your parents get there?? *wink*

I don't think your kitchen (cupboards at least) looked too bad in the before pics. Our kitchen is so poorly designed... the bane of my everyday existence. Maybe a total re-organization would help, but it won't happen today. I'll try to get in on your linky sometime this week.

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

we're clean-kitchen-twins today!! i always think it's best to start with a clean kitchen. i'm gonna try really hard to keep it that way!

Lauren November 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

So very pretty! Doesn't it feel wonderful when everything is clean? It looks amazing =D.

soul_searching_mama November 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Looks great! :) You've inspired me to stop procrastinating & do a little cleaning in my kitchen too... :)

Unknown November 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

looks great! Now we just need you to fly to NY and help me with the two rooms I can't seem to organize- because there is enough stuff to fill a house! ( we are living w/ my parents to save for a house!)
xo

hobocamp

Tia November 9, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

I can't believe you didn't capture the top of your fridge. That's what I came for.

Hey, good job on keeping your cleaning mojo. See how tired you are? I totally am not going to do that to myself. No way. I'd much rather stay right here on my couch eating oreos.

And anyways, I already cleaned my kitchen. Last month. Sorry you missed it.

Tia Colleen November 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Marisa and Mandie- No. Haha. You're on your own.

Nessa- I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen! Did you end up getting it done?

Art Kitten- It seems like the guys never put quite as much effort into it as we do, do they? Good for you though, for getting it done! I bet it feels great.

Amy- Absolutely, I'm doing this for my parents, haha. I mean, it needs to get done anyways, but they're being here in just a month-ish, really gave me the extra push.

queen- YAYYYY! Your kitchen looks great.

Lauren- I don't know how I lived with it the other way?

soul searching- Yesss!! Get your clean on, lady!

hobocamp- Getting started seems to be the hardest part. You stand there saying "where to start, where to start", and usually just walk away, haha. Or at least, thats what I do. But once I get going, theres no stopping me.

Household 6- DANGIT! I knew that somebody would be dying to see the top of the fridge. I should have written our names in the dust, and taken a picture, haha.

Post a Comment