Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Anyone up for a chick flick?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I need some me time. Some everyone-get-out-of-my-face, me time. Being a mother of two, this isn't always possible. You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't you? Well, most of you do at least. I know there are a few people reading this that probably have a little too much me time, but we won't hold that against you, hehe. I was sitting on the couch the other night, and I wondered, "What could I do for myself that doesn't involve locking myself in the bathroom for a moment of silence, which is usually just a quick shower followed by a marathon race of hair blow drying, or attempting to leave the house for anything, since I'm strictly breastfeeding and the youngest has to come with me?". Yes, my thoughts typically come out in run on sentence form. And then a movie preview came on TV. I don't remember which one, but I do remember that it looked awful, and perfect at the same time. That's it!! I'll start watching chick flicks! Once a week. That way I can stay in my sweats, nurse my baby, color with the older one, do whatever I need to do if I have to, but still treat myself to a crappy woman indulgence that I've always been a sucker for. I can always pause it, right? So I'm inviting y'all to join me for Chick Flick Fridays. Anyone? Anyone? I say we pick the movie on Tuesdays (so I'm a day late this time around), that way anyone that wants to participate during that week has time to go out and rent the chick flick, if they don't have pay per view, or already own it (which I doubt any of us will). And I guess maybe we'd need to have a backup movie in case the chosen movie is sold out of your local rental store. I have no idea what movies are currently out, since I haven't rented a movie in like 10 years (obvious exaggeration), so if anyone has any suggestions, don't be embarrassed. The cheesier, the better. I'm probably going to the video store tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Hit me with your best shot...

-"this time they're off my sleeve for good - archival print", by underneathmytree, $15.00.

4 comments:

LeaKarts January 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I have always been vocally against chick-flicks, but as I get older I am finding myself secretly loving them! Sounds like a fun idea!

Maggie January 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

yay! My kids are older, but I am still totally unaware of any movie made in recent history, so I am no help on picking them out,but I would love to join in! I get netflix so I might be out of sync.

jessicajane January 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

im probably one of those who has too much time to themselves...but I don't want it!

Taina January 19, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

I love this idea! You pick the movie and I will check back tomorrow to see if there's an update!

Post a Comment