Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

So, freaking, cute.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My daughter Eleanore is so anxious to be a big girl. If she sees my wallet, even for a second, she screams "waldet-waldet-waldet", until I hand it over and give her the chance to unzip each compartment, and pull out every single card. Cute at first, but now more annoying than anything. I don't know how many times I've found my Sally card under the couch, or my drivers license mysteriously to have vanished. She does the same thing while I'm trying to put on my makeup. She gets in my lap, blocks my head sized mirror, and says "meekup, so pwetty" while running an old makeup brush that I've donated to her, over her cheeks. And like I said before, its super adorable... until I've got 5 minutes to finish getting ready and, where on earth has my eyeliner gone?! I look over at the kiddo, who has run off towards the hallway. Whats all over her face? *squints to see*... oh, there's my eyeliner. By this time, I barely have enough time to chase her down, cause a tantrum, and smear the remainder of my liner onto my upper lids. And you can forget about getting a clean face kid, the entire world will just have to know how horrible of a mother I am, letting my child draw all over her face with god knows what. Oh who am I kidding? They're too busy looking at all of my tattoos and my obviously un-brushed hair.


So. While there's nothing I can do about the makeup, I did stumble upon the cutest solution to the "waldet-waldet-waldet" problem. frankandme. While pouncing on etsy a few months ago, I came across "my first wallet". At the time, I simply thought to myself, "oh that is cute", favorited it, and pounced on. I rarely check my favorites, so by the time I do, its like I'm finding it for the first time all over again. And when I re-found my first wallet, I knew it was going to be well worth the $5.00, and Eleanore was going to love it. I bought it immediately. Ya know how sometimes when you buy something online, how you never get any kind of confirmation email, and you end up emailing them, trying to find out when you'll get your order, of if you'll get it at all? frankandme was the opposite. I got a super friendly convo from her right away, which was one less thing to worry about, and one more thing to look forward to seeing in my mailbox. Today it finally came!! I didn't hear the mail come at first, and was sad that maybe we hadn't gotten anything. Around 4:00 I checked anyways, for the heck of it, and to my surprise my mailbox was actually packed. Bill... bill... not-a-bill! Waldet-waldet has arrived! Oh and it was packaged so nicely too. It was probably the most pleasant package opening experience I've had in some time. And, AND, she included some super cute and adorable "Little Swipers". Which are like mini burp cloths, and so dang cute! These will come in super handy when new-baby gets here this winter. In fact I might have to purchase more of them. Because as I learned with baby Eleanore, you can never have too many burp cloths. Or ponchos. Or smocks. Or anything else that could, would, or should repel projectile baby fluid. Gross. But at the same time, awwww.
And speaking of new-baby. We'll be meeting he/she for the first time on the small screen tomorrow. I'll make sure to come back and post a picture of the adorable tiny blob.

From top to bottom:
-"my first wallet", by frankandme, $5.00- thats the one I bought :)
-"Little Swipers", by frankandme, $10.00.

7 comments:

T.Allen May 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

What a cute wallet, I miss those days we're still in the dress up mode and she just can't seem to understand that Kate Spade slides are not for jumping rope in the yard *faints*

Nora May 28, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

Nice post. It was a good read! :D That wallet is adorable and a perfect 'First Wallet'. Can't wait to see the 'cute blob'. Oh, and Congrats about that!

PAC May 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

what a fun read! i love the cute wallet!!

Oh Mandie May 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

Ooooh that little Whale wallet is adorable! My son Brayden has a little wallet, but something tells me he'd like that one so much more!

So... next time will you be buying boy or girl wallets???

BeckyKay May 29, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

When Connor was two or three, he used to put blush on every single morning. Then, I'd have to wash his face so he didn't go to daycare looking like a tramp! LOL!

Anonymous,  October 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

frankandme will rip you off if you custom order. they stole money from me.

Post a Comment