Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I see you!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Isn't that the cutest, most precious little blob that you've ever seen?!

Today we met our new doctor, who has the mouth of a sailor, and must have felt comfortable enough around us, to use the word "shit" at least 20 times. Finally, a human doctor. The reason our baby is so blob-like, with no visible body parts, is because I have an oddly shaped uterus that didn't feel like participating with the ultrasound. And because of the combination weird shaped uterus, and narrow pelvis, its been both advised and settled upon that I'll be having another c-section. This time without going through 20 hours of labor first, 12 of those being without pain killers (ouch!).

A strong heartbeat, and visible embryo dancing, has me feeling officially pregnant.

19 comments:

BeckyKay May 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Hurray! And definitely a cute little blob!

Hybrid Hopes May 31, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

dear nameless blob,

i hope you like my little ponies.

love,
aunt steph

Anonymous,  May 31, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

What a cute little blob! Good luck with the pregnancy :)

Jess (aka LittleBunny) May 31, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

congratulations on your new blob!

Victoria June 1, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Congratulations on your precious little blob of joy!

Oh Mandie June 1, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Awww Congrats to you and your lil blob of amnoitic joy :-)

Unknown June 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Very cute blob. And I bet this delivery will be fab. My first was hell. 24 hours of labor resulting in a c-section and by that time, my epidural wasn't working on my right side so I felt EVERYHING. But the second time around, I got the most delicious spinal block and didn't even know they had started until my baby started crying. It was bliss.

muffintopdesigns June 1, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

oh congrats, my sweet friend!!! and welcome, little baby lady! (or sir)

xoxoox

Anomaly Studios June 2, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

Congrats! Seeing the ultrasound is always the greatest! :)

Rosebud Collection June 2, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

What a lovely picture..I never tire of seeing them and may I say, always amazed..Good luck to you..

melissa June 2, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

What a sweet little blob!
Congrats!

Diana June 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

What an adorable blob!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And, congratulations on the human doctor!!! Sometimes very rare in the OB/GYN field, for some reason. Yeah, you just had to get in a brag about the narrow pelvis, eh? j/k. :) I'll be having another c-section, too: my third. Last time, we tried for a VBAC with 2 days of inducement, lots of sobbing, and not so much progress. At least, this time, we can just recover from the surgery and not what happens before.

Let me know if you want my gender guess, ok? Usually I'm pretty good at it.

Rub that beautiful belly for me! xox

Katie L. June 3, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

I'm so excited for you! Being a mom is the best :)
And I just wanted to let you know that I picked you for the Arte Y Pico Award! Check out my blog for details :)

Kim June 3, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Congrats!

Beautiful Blob.

Michelle Engel Bencsko June 9, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Hey, little peanut!

I could be best friends with my OBGYN- what a great feeling!

Post a Comment