Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I'm ashamed to admit how much I love Grey's Anatomy.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I never used to watch television. Well, I did, until I got a car. And then tv was a thing of the past, and I found other things to do with my time. I'm sure y'all can relate. When I was 19, I moved to Portland Oregon, from my little town of Woodland Washington. I moved into an old Victorian style house that had been converted into apartments. At first I had a roommate, very briefly. And then I moved upstairs into an available studio. Mine, all mine! It was fabulous. From the skinny closet style bathroom that you had to turn sideways in, to the ironing board kitchen counter. I loved it. Supposedly, the studio next to me was haunted. Glad I didn't get that one, even though it was much larger and more like an actual apartment. It was also more expensive, and at the time I couldn't even afford a parking permit for my regularly ticketed and broken into car. The laundry room in my building was in the basement, which was infested with spiders and full of broken bike parts and other abnormal looking metal objects. I have an overactive imagination, so I was always picturing myself getting murdered down there and left for the rats. I don't know if there even were rats. Woodland wasn't too far away. A 40 minute drive when traffic was decent. And I liked the drive. I liked that time with my car stereo. I'd go out to my parents house every 2 weeks or so to do laundry. They didn't mind, and I think they liked my company. When Christopher and I moved into our first apartment together, the laundry room there wasn't much better. It was in a basement as well, and cost more than my old place did. So I continued to take the trips out to Woodland every few weeks. One night when Christopher had come with me, we stayed for dinner, and then watched tv with my folks afterwards. Greys Anatomy was on. I had never actually seen it. It was the bomb episode, where the guy comes in with Christina Ricci's hand in his chest. It was to be continued, so I followed up the next week back at my apartment on SE Morrison. After that I lost track again. There was always something to do. Usually involving Pbr and a pack of cigarettes. I've quit now, don't worry. Both the beer and cigarettes. The cigarettes by choice, the beer because I'm allergic. Yes, allergic. We didn't meet up with Greys Anatomy again until we moved to Texas. Abilene is no Portland Oregon, that's for sure. Here, there is nothing to do, ever, ever ever. So we started hanging out with the kids from Seattle Grace, enter my addiction. Maybe its because the show takes place in Seattle, which is so close to home I can taste it. Or maybe its because of the Mc Whatevers and the Seriously's. I'm dying for the show to hurry up and come back. Dying I tell you. So until then, I'll have to get my temporary fix in the form of push pins and pendants.

From top to bottom.
-Set of six Grey's Anatomy 2 1/4 inch pins with detachable magnets on the back, by dbayou18, 12.00.
-Seriously, by GetGlassy, $20.00

6 comments:

Unknown April 1, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

I'm with you on the love the show but ashamed to admit it. I can't wait for new episodes... Seriously...seriously!
Great blog, thanks for the mention of my pendant.

Jess (aka LittleBunny) April 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

i'm sorry you are allergic to beer!
did you find that out the hard way?? oy.
i watch greys anatomy once in awhile, but i am totally in love with the mcdreamy pendant. magical.
hugs and pugs

Ivy & Mae April 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

I only get 3 stations--PBS is one. If nothing good is on pbs I typically end up with whatever is on the least fuzzy on the other 2 stations. That is how I started watching Grey's...seriously.

Smarty Pants April 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

I've never seen Grey's, but it must be great becasue they have such a huge following!
I'd rather the PBR and cigarettes. Oh, the bad old days....

Amanda April 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

lol You and my Mom would get along great! She loves Grey's Anatomy! I've never seen it before; I'm too obsessed with The Office! lol

BeckyKay April 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

That pendant is great! Seriously.

Post a Comment