Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

lawn mowers and photo ops.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Something Christopher and I have never done together, is mow the lawn. We've always lived in apartments. I have memory after memory of my dad mowing our various lawns, up until I moved out. At our river front trailer home, we had a problem with garden snakes, and my dad would accidentally go over them with the mower. Ew. And the lawn mower was always breaking. I don't know if it was the same one we had throughout my childhood, but it was red, and a piece of crap. My mom never mowed the lawn. Only my dad. I never mowed either. To this day, I've still never mowed a lawn. I'm not saying I couldn't, I just haven't. Maybe its time that changes. When Christopher got off work tonight, he went to the self help store (Its like a home depot that you check things out at, library style. Another one of those weird military things that I'm thankful for) and loaded a lawn mower into the car. It was sunny and 88 today. Beautiful weather. I smothered Eleanore in sunblock, strapped some sandals on her feet, and out we went. She wanted to mow like daddy, so we brought out her plastic musical toy mower, and I watched her mow the lawn in her pretty pink dress. Such a lady. I spent the rest of the night thinking about mowing the lawn. I don't mean personally getting up and doing it, but all of the times my dad pushed around that red junker. Hearing a lawn mower is somewhat comforting. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I did an Etsy search, looking for red lawn mower treasures. I didn't find any, but I did find an orange lawn mower print, by ConstantDreamer good enough to add to my favorites. If you know anyone that holds lawn mowers as close to their hearts as I do, make sure you point them in ConstantDreamer's direction.

2 comments:

BeckyKay April 1, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

I have not mowed a lawn since I was in the sixth grade and I had to mow my neighbor's lawn every Saturday.

Trust me. You're not missing anything. LOL!

Just Another Runner April 3, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

it's funny, for some reason mowing the lawn was something i always liked to do as a kid! (haven't had a lawn to mow since then) we had a green push mower. ahh, bringing back memories . . .

Post a Comment