Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Eleanore And Evelyn: A Pink Polka Dot Onesie

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Today Evelyn wore one of my favorite onesies- a tiny little pink polka dot number that I had crafted a skull onto.

Eleanore used to wear this onesie.
In fact, its the onesie that Eleanore wore home from the hospital.

So like I was saying- today Evelyn wore it.
And while passing by the computer, a picture popped up on the screen saver. A picture of Eleanore wearing it.
Am I confusing you, yet?

And my heart started beating faster.
And tears stung my eyes and nose.


I had to take a quick picture-
...of Evelyn wearing the same outfit, sitting in the same chair.



The similarities.
The differences.
The cheeks!

The end beginning.

15 comments:

Anonymous,  October 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

precious memories for a lifetime!

Heidi October 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

OMG, I totally love this. There are certain pieces of clothing that rock my world when each fresh babe gets stuffed into them. We love skulls at my house too. My 2-year-old is currently wearing out a corduroy dress with flowers and skulls all over it. She's got it on in my header (Me As A Mother) if you want to take a peek. So happy to have found your blog. Love participating in the Flashback Fridays!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama October 17, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Why do I always die from the cuteness on your blog?

Lisa@goodknits October 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

Evelyn is like the perfect combination of Charlie + Eleanore! she looks like both of them.

I did this once, but the onesie that fit Nate at 10 weeks....well, it was bursting at the seams on Andy at 6 (SIX!) weeks!

Amy Nielson October 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

k, i'm making an objective interpretation here, but it looks like they have the same nose, different eyes & different lips. SO CUTE.

dude. evelyn needs a place on your sidebar. i know, i know... one more thing to do! i'm sure you have plenty of things on your list. :)

Colleen October 18, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

awww...

Seeing them side by side like that showcases their similarities and differences. Before now, I might have thought that they were identical, but obviously, they'll each have their own look.

Anonymous,  October 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

My sister is pregnant with a girl and when going through Scarlett's clothing to find items to give to her, I just could not give up most of it. Your post above is the exact reason why - I'm hoping I have another girl and I get to put some of my favorites on the new babe.

So sweet!

Unknown October 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

soooooo cute! Love the onesie too!

Devon October 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

boy.. they do look alike... yet... so different! but CUTE!!

Unknown October 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I think Evelyn is going to look just like you miss miss momma!

Post a Comment