Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Charlie In A Dress

Thursday, September 16, 2010


I originally uploaded this picture to my Flickr account, and somebody had left a comment saying that upon first glance, they thought the picture was of Charlie, in a dress!

And I can't possibly express to you how happy that made me.
Since both of my girls look exactly like Christopher, and nothing like me.



I think I was around 9 months old when this picture was taken. I might have just made that up, though. I like how I'm sitting on a rock, with a fake rock background. Olan Mills was obviously the best, when it came to awesome 80's portrait studio pictures.


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!

And if you've got a minute, maybe go poke around some of the other flashbacks posted, and leave a comment or two?



17 comments:

Stephani Cochran September 16, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

OK this is too cute! However, I'm feeling old now because while you were a baby in the eighties, I was graduating from high school and going to college! I have some teenage Olan Mills photos!

Colleen September 16, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

That IS Charlie in a dress! Isn't it amazing how genetics work?

Sarah September 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

I always hear the boy takes on the mom's features and the girl takes on the dad's features! So cute.

Lacey September 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

That is NO joke, that really IS Charlie in a dress! Wow!

Emily September 17, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

I can so relate. I love this post!

Unknown September 17, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Ha! that is adorable! Yes, very strong family resemblance!!

Oh Mandie September 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

ahhhh baby Tia totally looks like baby Charlie!! Too cute!

Oh Mandie September 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

ahhhh baby Tia totally looks like baby Charlie!! Too cute!

Renee September 17, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Wow! Charlie really does look just like you!! I'm really hoping our girl comes out looking like me, both our boys look just like daddy!

Rogue Wild September 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

yup, totally Charlie in a dress =o)

Christina September 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Really cute! At first I thought maybe this would really be a picture of Charlie in a dress! That Eleanore had gotten him into a dress somehow! haha

CourtneyKeb September 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

He does look just like you!

Maybe that means my little boy can look like me since my daughter looks like her daddy.
Good thing I picked him up because of his good looks [haha].

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Charlie definitely looks like his mama! So cute! I think my mom had pictures taken of me, a lot similar to these, except I think I was sitting on a white bench. Super cute posting, think I might join in on flash back today :)

Jessie C September 17, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Wow. That does look like him! Cute!

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I love old baby pictures!!

Alyssa S. September 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

That would be Charlie in a dress, tights AND earrings :) I actually thought you had a pic of Charlie in a dress, well...because we have more than one of Merrick in Amelia's Cinderella dress, at HIS insistence. And in a hula skirt. There is no doubt, the little man looks exactly like you!

Post a Comment