Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Manic Monday- August 2, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010

I had no idea what I would blog about today. The bazillions of baking mixes that I made yesterday (5 bags of bread mix, and two 10-cup bags of baking mix. AND banana nut muffins)? How I almost couldn't mow the lawn because of how hugely pregnant I am (I did it anyways though. I love mowing)? How I spent hours making peach cobbler for the entire family (minus me, of course, dang fructose) and then my husband ate almost all of it by himself in less than 24 hours? ...none of those things seemed blog worthy. Not an entire posts worth at least.

But oh thats right, I could do a Manic Monday entry! All I have to do is take pictures of random things that we did throughout the day. Just give everyone a little peek at our day to day.

Sounds good, and problem solved.

I didn't want to be doing this at 10:00 tonight, since Christopher switched back to day shift this week, so I figured I'd document just our morning, and that would probably be good enough.

*********************
Manic Monday- August 2, 2010.



When I first picked up the camera, both of the kids were sitting as far apart from each other as possible, reading to their best friends. In Charlie's case, it was Lovey, of course. And in Eleanore's case, it was her imaginary friend Piglet.



On Sunday we had picked up two of these card making kits from the dollar spot at Target (I know, right? Only one dollar! How fun!). And since I spent the morning unplugged from the computer, I figured it would be a good time to do some crafting...



Not bad for a cheapy little craft project right? Some things we had to tape on, and the way that they were packaged left sticky parts on the outside of the envelopes (that I had to cover up with tiny pieces of paper to prevent from sticking to other articles of mail as they go through the post), but the kids loved helping me press everything into place.

After we were finished making our cards, I thought maybe we could make some peanut butter chocolate chip chunk cookies??

Go get your aprons, kids!



My Grammy had sent these character aprons to Eleanore when she was around two. They've gotten a lot of use.

Also, if you turn them backwards, they double as a cape. FYI.



So we gathered in the kitchen, and we made cookie dough!

Well, I made cookie dough, while the babies ate chocolate chips, at least.



Can you blame them though, really?



Within an hour, we had 3 1/2 dozen peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, all ready for us to gobble up.

Too bad they didn't have as much sugar as the last batch we made, and the kids weren't nearly as pleased with them. Spoiled.

Well hmmm, now what to do...



After the cookies were finished, the kids ran off to play, and I sat down to fill out some thank you's, using our freshly made note cards (thank you's are a big deal, in my book). I was hoping I could get these off into the mail today, but turns out we only have 3 stamps. Lame.



Soon Christopher came home for lunch, and when everyone had finished eating (I was laying on the couch, having eaten too much potato salad while making everyone elses plates), it was story time.

Christopher is a huge help, on his lunch breaks. Hes always offering to take care of the kids in one way or another. Today he got them all cleaned up, read them stories, and then tucked them away for naps (which of course, Eleanore is skipping).

Oh, and if you're wondering why Charlie is giving you the stink eye... its because Daddy wouldn't give him his motorcycle key, haha.



Christopher I love you.

Alright, last picture...


Who is that? Oh right, thats me- faking a smile and standing awkwardly in front of the laundry room door so that y'all can see how giant I've gotten over the last couple of weeks. Sometime yesterday morning, the baby dropped down into my pelvis, which is something I've never experienced before. Neither of the other two ever did that, they both stayed high. I won't even attempt to try to describe the kind of discomfort I'm in. I have to just keep reminding myself that it will be soon soon soon, that I get to meet Miss Evelyn.

Soon.

Who knows how the rest of our Manic Monday will go.

Maybe a baby?
Ok or maybe not.


*************************************************
If you want to participate in Manic Monday, link up with Mommy Elephant...
Manic Monday Button

26 comments:

This Little Bird August 2, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Oh how fun! Looks like your Monday is going better then mine :) ha ha... Perhaps I'll participate next week when my family is in better form.
Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Jess Craig August 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

you look straight up amazing dude!

Jessie C August 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Oh man, I love those cards. Cutest kids ever. I love the aprons and the how they are reading. :) Also, you look great!

TexasBobbi August 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

Looks like am morning filled with lots of love and fun.

Oh Mandie August 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

oooh cute cards!! I wish we had a Target that was closer than an hour away. Looks like a very simple, but amazing morning for you guys :)

Fallon August 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

Good start to the day =) Love the photos!

Chana@ Mamma Town August 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

You guys are all so cute it makes me want to swear out loud and pinch something. Poor Sophie...she'll get the pinching...but not the swearing, that I'll save for Jon:)
xoxox

Chelsey - The Paper Mama August 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Those cards are pretty awesome. Loved the Manic Monday. You are looking pretty amazing too. :)

Renee August 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

Those cards are super cute! And I am dying for a cookie now, thanks a lot, lol! And I hope I look as good as you when I hit 38weeks!! You look fantastic!

lamina@do a bit August 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Great photos... wow what a busy day :) Looks like it was lots of fun!!!

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

you look gorg mama!
there really is no way to describe the feeling when the baby drops. my 2nd dropped early and no one believed me till after his c section he came out and his little head was mooshed from being engaged so long.
fingers crossed you get relief soon!

BeckyKay August 2, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

You sound like you have been BUSY!! Nesting, maybe? :)

beka August 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Come on. I can't believe it's 38wks already!
Golly.
Y'all truly are some of the cutest things I've seen in a while. :)

astrogirl529 August 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You look great! Cute photos!!

Emily August 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

I bought those cards too, but have yet to put them together. I love the way yours turned out!

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Wow, pregnant, mowing lawns, baking PEACH COBBLER, cookies, backing mixes, cards, and taking care of a husband and two kids, damn girl you win mother of the year from me...lol! You go girl.

Also- your family is darling!!! :)

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Wow, pregnant, mowing lawns, baking PEACH COBBLER, cookies, backing mixes, cards, and taking care of a husband and two kids, damn girl you win mother of the year from me...lol! You go girl.

Also, your family is darling :)

CraftGirlAlli August 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

you seem to have WAY more energy than I ever did at 38 wks! But you're so cute prego!!

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

you look wonderful!! plus...i always love looking forward to pictures..i simply adore your growing family!

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

What a fun day! I'm literally drooling over here looking at those cookies...

Allison August 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Hey... we use the same bookcase organization system!

How do you get so much done so pregnant? Some days I feel accomplished if I manage to get my teeth brushed.

Sarah August 2, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Ahhh! You are having a baby!!!! You look beautiful; wish I could kiss that belly!

Mommy Elephant Sarah August 3, 2010 at 2:17 AM  

You are such a busy mama...and a GREAT mama!! Seriously. I REALLY wish I could take a bite of one of those cookies. I'm drooling over here.
I recognize that outfit Charlie is wearing! M has the same one. :)

Devon August 3, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

you look great!!! i actually look forward to having a belly... right now i just feel like a blob!

love your pics... your kids are so photogenic... charlie's "stink eye" is too cute! :)

Alyssa S. August 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

You know, I'd totally respect you if you said "today is Monday, I'm about to pop and I'm not doing anything but sitting here and resting". It's OK to just take a break Momma!!!

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

you look absolutely gorgeous! I've been missing a computer cord for the last two weeks and was hoping I didn't miss Miss Evelyn's arrival (which I'm now realizing sounds kinda selfish considering your probably WAY past being done!). Good luck, we'll be sending lots of hugs, love, and prayers on the 9th! :)

Post a Comment