Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday- The Very First Moments Of Life

Thursday, August 5, 2010


Most of you probably know by now, that we're welcoming our brand new baby girl into our family this upcoming Monday. If you didn't know (because maybe you're new to the Flashback party this week- and if you are, then welcome!!), well now you do, hee.

In honor of our new addition, we wanted this flashback to be extra special. So we dug through the archives, and decided to share with you a video from when our oldest (Miss Eleanore) was first born.

Just minutes after taking her first breath, Christopher went to the nursery with her while the doctors finished up my surgery, and he made a video using our old Samsung digital camera, so that I wouldn't miss those first moments. He didn't realize that using the zoom would cut into the sound, because we had never made a video using our camera before, but- choppy vocals and all, this video is absolutely flawless. The tears that it brings to my eyes are the purest tears of joy. I can't even put into words how this video makes us feel.

We're happy to share it with you...




*******************************************************
If you're new to Flashback Friday, don't be shy! Heres how we do it-

Grab an old photo (or if you're like me, a bazillion), write a little bit about it, and link up! We love love love to invade your personal Polaroid history, so don't be shy, post your photo, and expect a lot of comments starting with "awwwwww". Unless its a sad post, and then... well those might start with "awww" too. I swear, most weeks I cry at half of your flashbacks (I know, I'm pregnant, so-). Anyways- (please please, because this helps spread the word!) don't forget to either text link back to this post, or grab one of our buttons from down below. Can't wait to see what y'all have to share with us!!


*And please forgive us for a possible lack of Flashback next week. We'll be very busy with the newest Herman, but I'll make sure to set up the linky so that you all can still play along, even if its without me :)

30 comments:

Kitty August 5, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

aw, omijesus, that was so sweet!

Brigette August 5, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

i love it. a new dad gushing over his new baby. had me smiling the whole time.

Oh Mandie August 5, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

oh my goodness that was sweet! Particularly the end with Christopher saying I love you :)

Mommy Elephant Sarah August 6, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

What a sweet moment for you to share with us. We didn't get a video camera until several months later mainly because we didn't have the money. I really regret it now. You can't get those moments back!

Also all the audio cutting in and out sounded like Christopher was getting censored. Hahaha. It was cool hearing what he sounds like. I love you at the end was adorable!

Anonymous,  August 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

my husband was deployed when our son was born...so this video means a lot to me! such a blessing!! saying extra prayers for you all for monday. i know everything will go great!! good luck momma!! hugs!

Lacey August 6, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

Seriously, Tia! Make me cry why-dontcha!

the very end, when he says "You're beautiful. I love you. .....I love you." and then it shuts off. Oh. Em. Gee!

Seriously, Tia. Seriously! Too much!

thepunkrockmom August 6, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! You have a beautiful family- and congrats on your new on arriving shortly!
I adore this video and I love watching the videos my hubby took of our 2 little ones right after they were born. They are priceless! :)
Hope to see you around the bloggy-verse after your life has settled down a bit after your new little one arrives- I think we have a lot in common! My hubby is in the military and we just moved to where you moved from-Washington!
Good luck on Monday! Prayers for you and your family! :)
<3MaryAnne

R Montalban August 6, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

So so cute - oh, I am all gushy now!

Sarah August 6, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

Aww, that video was just too cute! And you get to do it again on Monday!

Loddelina August 6, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

All the best, Tia,
I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

Adrienne August 6, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

That is so precious! I love when she kicks out her legs, it must feel pretty good to stretch out.

Lisa@goodknits August 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

That was so sweeet. She looks comforted by his voice.

Renee August 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen!! Can't wait to see your new addition! Good luck on Monday, we'll be thinking about you!

Anika August 6, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

So beautiful...thanks for sharing! I sat and watched the video with my 16 month little girl. She smiled as she watched. So Eleanore has always been a cutie!

Good luck on Monday! I will be thinking about you.
Ani

Nancy (Jesse and Sophia's grandma) August 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

This video is so precious! And taken by a very proud daddy.

CraftGirlAlli August 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

awww...I love how she's so calm and just soaking in everything around her! I laughed when Christopher said..."you are the fricking cutest thing ever!" He was definitely a proud daddy!

Can't wait to see pictures of the newest addition! I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping everything goes smoothly!

Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan August 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Aw, this made me all teary-like. :)

- Sam/onama

Ashley Sisk August 6, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Soooo sooo sweet. I think I've told you before but I love that name and watching that video had me imagining my future child's birth - if we have a girl one day (not pregnant now). So glad I could see that.

iampalegreen August 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

She is soooo precious!! And what a beautiful little lady she's grown up to be. :)

I'm so excited for your new little one! Yay, Monday!

Anonymous,  August 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Adorable :) Will be stalking your blog on Monday for updates - can't wait to see pics of the new babe!

Mrs. Mommy August 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

That was so sweet! I got all teary!

Good luck on Monday! I can't wait to see the newest little edition and hear all about how she arrived!

Rogue Wild August 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

her mouth is the same and soooo cute!!! what a special time to share =o)

Alyssa S. August 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Aw, those first moments. It's so cool that you have that memory captured forever!

Nancy E August 6, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Very nice.... joining Flashback Friday for the first time---- love the blog hop. :)

Jo August 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

That was a beautiful moment to share with us all - love how she was taking in everything around her, soo sweet!

Good luck for Monday, I look forward to hearing about Evelyn's arrival - can't wait for the photos!

There's a Blog Award waiting for you on my page too. If you get time I do hope you'll pop by and claim it. Your blog is amazing Tia :)

Jo xx

Jo August 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

That was a beautiful moment to share with us all - love how she was taking in everything around her, soo sweet!

Good luck for Monday, I look forward to hearing about Evelyn's arrival - can't wait for the photos!

There's a Blog Award waiting for you on my page too. If you get time I do hope you'll pop by and claim it. Your blog is amazing Tia :)

Jo xx

Post a Comment