Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: "I Do What I Want"

Thursday, July 1, 2010


Last week, I decided to start a series of flashback posts, in which I pull out the older pictures, of my oldest. With the new baby due in just 5 weeks (!! no, yeah, I know), I'm feeling very nostalgic about my first pregnancy, and my early days of what it was like in Mommy boot camp.

I didn't take nearly half as many pictures back then, and almost all of the pictures that I did take, have red eye and/or flash glare, but- I like them that way. I chose not to edit them before sharing them with you. Its nice to see flashbacks in the raw sometimes, right?



We had a cute little song to go along with the writing on the front of that hoodie. "I dooo whaat I waaant, I dooo whaat I waaant". Did I really just type a stretched out version of the lyrics, as if it would carry the tune from my computer to yours? ...

I made that hoodie for Elie. Well, I bought it for $3 at Old Navy, and then I bleached on the blotches and printed the "I do what I want". She was spoiled, and the phrase was so true. I actually had time to do stuff like that back in those days, haha. Before I had 12 loaves of bread to bake a day, and twitter and my blog reader to distract me from finishing my to-do list.

Those leggings are my favorite. Elie wore them (obviously), Charlie wore them, and Bean will wear them. Or wait... were those among the bunches of clothes that I gave away to other babies in need? Dangit. I don't remember. They were my favorite, so you'd think I would have kept them, but-

Onto the next set??



Hah. Silly girl.

This was the first time Elie had ever interacted with another baby.

The other cutie, there in the 2nd frame, was much older than Elie (I think she was two? No. That doesn't seem right. Almost two? Ok I have no idea.), and much more hyper, but they were still friends. Sort of.

...ok no they weren't, but we had fun telling them that they were.



See how shes only wearing one sock? She always pulled them off and stuck them into her mouth. Charlie never did that, maybe because we never really put socks on him (I don't remember if we did or not), but, Elie loved the taste of dirty foot fabric.

That was one of my favorite dresses to put her in. I think I squeezed her into it until the snap buttons would pop open when she bent over. Just tryin' to stretch a buck, ya know? But really- look at how it brings out the color of those baby blues!! If Charlie would have been born with blue eyes, I probably would have put him into that dress too.

And then because I found these pictures in the same folder, I figured I may as well share this "we're a ridiculously cute couple, young and in love, having a black and white photo shoot in our living room, after the baby has gone to sleep, because we've got nothing better to do", set...



Next week I'll post even more pictures of baby Eleanore (bet you can't wait, right?). Its really nice for me, going through and looking at them. It helps dealing with the temper tantrums over awesome things like, not-letting-her-turn-the-lights-off-so-we-can-eat-dinner-in-the-dark (or, the "cave"), just a little more tolerable.


*************************************
Grab an old photo, write a little bit about it, and link up! We love love love to invade your personal Polaroid history, so don't be shy, post your photo, and expect a lot of comments starting with "awwwwww". Unless its a sad post, and then... well those might start with "awww" too. I swear, most weeks I cry at half of your flashbacks (I know, I'm pregnant, so-). Anyways- (please please) don't forget to either text link back to this post, or grab one of our buttons from down below.


18 comments:

Unknown July 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Your kidlets are just ADORABLE.

Love the b&w photos.. and freaking love your hair there!! :)


Happy Friday, Happy 4th!
Jess :)

Brigette July 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

I love how in most of the pictures she's so serious looking. lol now she's a smiling in every picture you post of her now.

beka July 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Aw, isn't she a cute little bugger? :)

considerthelillies July 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

beautiful pictures as usual! Your children are precious, little Ellie is adorable in these pics! And I bet your soon to be little one will be just as cute!

soul_searching_mama July 2, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

Loved ALL the photos! Elie was a cute baby and you and Christopher are a cute couple. :)

Oh Mandie July 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM  

aww, Ellie still has the same round cheeks, the kind that you just can't help but to nuzzle and snuggle with. Actually Charlie has them too and I'm willing to bet that baby bean will also inherit them. I bet those kiddos of yours are spoiled by how much you love on them :)

Oh, and I LOVE your hair choppy and short! Too cute!

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 2, 2010 at 1:37 AM  

Awww so cute. Look at you guys!! Your hair is so cool there! xox

krissilugbill July 2, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

fun seeing how much your little cutie has grown up, does it go as fast as they say? love the couple photos of you too! my hubby and i love doing stupid little photo shoots like that, well actually, i do...he mostly just humors me! thanks again for hosting flashback friday!

Anonymous,  July 2, 2010 at 6:10 AM  

Love 'em... specially the b&w's. I did my flashback baby post before I read this which I find amusing and slightly ironic. Have a great weekend!!!
xx

Jessica July 2, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

awww, very cute!

BTW: There is an award waiting for you over on my blog! check it out!

Alyssa S. July 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

OMG, love, LOVE that little denim dress. I don't think it gets much cuter than that. Funny, don't you think maybe that "I do what I want" somehow got branded into her psyche? I think she's still taking that one seriously :)

Sweet baby E pics...and you and Christopher are way to cute too!

Unknown July 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Can't tell you how much I love your new header!

She's so cute! Love the little fashion show you gave us, Ellie looks so stylin! Love the b&w ones of you and your hubs and how you described them, haha. I know I have some of those somewhere, will have to dig them up. ;)

I don't think my flashback will get an "awww," but hopefully I'll get a chuckle and not a "whaaaaat?!" lol!

Have a great holiday weekend and a happy Friday! Thanks as always for hosting.
-Ann Marie

(disorder) July 2, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

I have to be honest, I am pretty thrilled about you having another baby. And, I am hoping the bean is a girl. I really miss having a little girl & I feel like I will be able to enjoy your new baby through you.

Weird & creepy? Yeah, I know. I am full of that sometimes (:

R Montalban July 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Thank you for popping over to see my little froggy, and for your really lovely comments. I of course am bias and of course think my Dexter is super cute, but to hear it from someone else, that is so nice.

Likewise, you have some cuties there too, and having these photos just make you smile just as they were intended to do.

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi July 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

Hey I just found your blog and I love it! I also Love the Flashback friday idea. I'm gonna do it. :)

Your little ones are too cute!

Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of july!

Good luck with your new delivery of your new baby! Thats so exciting.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 3, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Cutie babe! I hope you find those leggings, they are pretty awesome. Everytime I put socks on Ruari they are in her mouth within a minute or too.... hee.

The baby's in bed photo shoot was pretty cute too. awww...

They call me mommy... July 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Super cute pics of Ellie! I love the ones of you and the hubby too! (= hope you guys have a great weekend!

Post a Comment