Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Gluten Free Jumbo Blueberry Muffin Recipe

Thursday, June 17, 2010


I know, I'm a little obsessed with muffins lately, aren't I? My arguably (un)healthy love for the wrapped-in-paper fluffy breakfast pastries is somewhat slowing though, as I've started taking on a new baking challenge- biscotti. Thats not saying that this will be my last recipe post about muffins (although I'm sure some of you wish it was), I'm just not quite as enthusiastic about the things as I was a month ago. We all go through phases, right?



A couple of mornings ago, we brought our breakfast out onto the back porch with us. Blueberry muffins. I don't know what we were thinking, since this ended up attracting 9,000 flies (seriously, how did they find us so quickly??), but at the time, it seemed like a nice idea



Whats better to eat on a Saturday morning, than an over sized handful of crumbly blueberry bliss?

Thats right, nothing.

And really, blueberry muffins are kind of the all-season delight, ya know? It doesn't matter if its spring or fall, they always fit in with whatever.

Now- think of the theme music to Jaws, and start humming it softly to yourself, and don't stop...



Heeeeeeeee.

Kinda funny, right?

Hopefully you just cracked at least a little bit of a smile, with that one.

My kids love eating these muffins for breakfast. For awhile there, we were having them every single morning. Maybe not the blueberry specifically, but some type of jumbo muffin (banana, chocolate chip, etc). And the first morning we went without them? My daughter pouted all the way through her cereal, as if I had just broken her cake loving heart. Oh poor baby, right? But really- I was kinda bummed too.



But not this morning, because I had a big ol' muffin to love, all to myself.

And um, ahem- I know you've all been wondering what I look like when I've freshly rolled out of bed. So-

...well now that mystery has been solved.

Next riddle: what doesn't my husband understand about the very detailed directions of: "make sure none of my cleavage is in the shot, ok?".

Fail.



I made him pull weeds for that.

(Ooh! Ooh! See my new bird bath??!)

Alright alright, enough chit chat. Lets get to the recipe posting part...


*******************************
GF Jumbo Sized Blueberry Muffin Recipe




Ingredients:
-2 1/2 cups gf baking mix (I prefer to use this homemade mix)
-2 tablespoons flax meal
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

-1/2 cup melted smart balance
-2 or 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon almond extract
-2 eggs, beaten
-1 cup soy milk

-1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries


And then, mixing them is super simple, of course. Two separate bowls, one for wet ingredients, one for dry ingredients. After everything is mixed separately, then mix them together. Fold in the blueberries at the last minute, and then load up the muffin papers. This should be enough to fill an entire pan.

Keep in mind, these are jumbo muffins, not standard size. You can probably use this recipe for standard sized muffins too, and maybe just cut the baking time in half? Maybe not quite half, though.

For the jumbo kind, bake these at 350 degrees, for 35-40 minutes.



And don't forget your sippy of milk :)

16 comments:

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Okay, this is going to read pretty weird, I'm sure, but that picture of you is such an awesome piece of art. I mean, everything about it stands out, from your freckles to your tattoos to the textures of everything - you, your blueberry muffin, the table yard, everything. Seriously awesome pic!

And also, I want some blueberry muffins now.

Anonymous,  June 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Your tattoos are awesome! Have you ever done a post about them or would that be too personal? I'm struggling to get the guts to get my, already designed, sailor Jerry style anchor with waves and flowers. Anyway... cool post.

Christina June 17, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Those look really delicious! But I don't really like blueberries in cakes or sweets. :( But they look so good I'd probably try eating one anyway!! lol

The pictures are darling. A very nice idea to sit outside with them(besides the pesky flies).You remind me in many ways of a friend of mine, and she is a super cool chick. You have similar style, tattoos and nice personalities.

Colleen June 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

So many things to say!

I love that last shot... she drinks her milk with such sass! :)

Baby Jaws is hysterical.

Nice cleavage... if you got it flaunt it, right? And you can't blame the man, he's...well, a man. :)

And finally... I want a blueberry muffin! Have I ever mentioned that my oven is too small for muffin pans? Oh, the pain! Seriously, I could compose an entire post on how stupid my oven is... and I just might.

soul_searching_mama June 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

I love the muffin recipes! :) Thanks for posting! And I seriously laughed at loud at the JAWs part. Hehe. :) And I think that is a beautiful picture of you! I wish I looked like that when I roll out of bed. It isn't pretty. Trust me.

beka June 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

Wooo-hoo! What a shot of you:)
Sometimes I look worse than that. Which happened to be this morning. Going to sleep at nearly 3am after finishing a book...wearing eyeliner for the 1st time in 4 months that night to church...then being woken up from a dream to help with Gram. Whoa. NO ONE would want to have the nightmare of seeing me like that. (I don't wash my makeup off at night 99% of the time)

Cute muffin-eating! Love Charlie! ;) Tempt that wee little boy. Hehehe!

CourtneyKeb June 17, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I did stop and hum Jaws in my head.
Then I slowly scanned over the Charlie biting photos.
Then I laughed out loud!

haha yyummma yumma!

TexasBobbi June 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

First on the cleavage thing he wasn't listening he was to busy being distracted by your awesome cleavage. Second the Jaws thing had me cracking up. Third I have the exact same shirt as your Hubs, man I love me some target.

Lacey June 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Ok, seriously just had to wipe a bit of drool from my lip. Those muffins look so tasty!!

Allison June 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Those muffins look really really good. I had to stop looking. I have blueberry muffins in my kitchen right now going "Alllllllisssooooonnnnn." So thanks for that.

Also, we've had mad fly problems here, too. I guess it's fly season in Texas. I think it's the only time my husband considers himself a hunter.

Yellow House June 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

I will never grow tired of your muffin recipes and photos! YUM!!

Hybrid Hopes June 18, 2010 at 2:32 AM  

FRECKLES!!! CUTE!!!!

also, weeds... we were all forced to pull weeds for hours during the summer, so I'm surprised Chris didn't rebel.

krissilugbill June 18, 2010 at 3:56 AM  

yummy yummy! these look so good, i think i must try them this weekend :)

Mommy Elephant Sarah June 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM  

OMG I love these photos! I totally want a muffin now too!! Dang mama, you are looking hot! I just love your little freckles!!! :)

Amy June 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

Haha! RE the cleavage shot... I think your Christopher and my Peter would be good friends.

Rogue Wild June 20, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

loved the jaws bit lol charlies cute little face and big open mouth lolol

I agree with Dudette, your tats are awesome works of art! I've wondered many times at the stories behind them, so if you've been wondering if blogging about your ink would be good posting, it would =o)

lol at the cleavage & pulling weeds too

Post a Comment