Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Bean's Chicken Wing

Monday, June 14, 2010

This morning we had our big ultrasound appointment at the hospital. I say "big", because compared to the tiny machine in room #2 at my doctor's office, which is basically just a "yep, theres the baby, and yep, its alive" type machine, this machine is huge.

We dropped Miss Eleanore off with some friends (the always wonderful Marisa and her girls), but decided to take Charlie (and 2 of his best toy trucks) along with us. Elie was there for Charlie's big ultrasound, so we thought it was only fair that Charlie be there for Bean's.

Ok- or mostly, we brought Charlie because we knew he wouldn't get into trouble like his sister would, and that he'd be perfectly happy playing on the step stool beside me, while I silently fought the discomforts of laying on a hard table, with my stomach covered in jelly, while a technician pressed and rolled rubber wands around on my big whale belly like she was playing a game of air hockey.



Bean's chicken wing. Isn't it cute?

...I can't tell if its an arm or a leg. I have no idea why they'd even print out this picture and give it to us- but they did, so it only seemed fair to share it with all of my friends and family. Goochie goochie goo, little chicken wing.



Bean ...as a fish!

Tilt your head to the right... do you see the little bubbles floating out from Bean's mouth? ...glub glub.

Bean weighs 3 pounds and 11 ounces, which is much bigger than I expected it to be. Usually my babies run small, and fit into preemie clothes when first born. I don't think thats going to be the case with this one though.

Oh, and we confirmed the gender (which is still a secret to most- I can't wait to tell you all the name we've picked out)!

Part of me thought for sure that the tech would tell us the opposite of what our doctor had told us, and that I'd have to go back through and re think all of the clothing that I had sorted through and pulled out. But instead, the tech zoomed in, and sure enough- Bean is exactly what Bean was originally thought to be.

This means, I can finally put the finishing touches on the Baby's area of our bedroom. And when I say "finishing touches", I mean- I can get started. I haven't done a single thing. I haven't even cleared a space for the bassinet. Our bedroom is still loaded with craft stuff that has been sitting collecting dust since last Fall. All while Bean's furniture, toys, and clothing all sit outside in the spider infested garage (yeah have fun with that one, Christopher).

Who wants to come over and help me make a cozy little baby room?
...Anybody?

Tomorrow we meet with our doctor to go over all of the results from today's ultrasound. He'll tell us everything is fine, I'm sure, but I'll still feel better after the appointment has come and gone.

And then, in just two short months (or maybe long months, since I seem to be getting slower and slower by the day), our precious baby number three will be here.

I'm anxious I'm anxious.
I'm scared I'm scared.
I'm excited I'm excited.

...It really does look like a chicken wing, though, right?

18 comments:

Brandi June 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

aww don't leave us hangin'! we need to know the gender AND the name! :D

Kitty June 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

that DOES look like a chicken wing! (i think it's a leg though.)

and if i could, i'd come help you make up the baby's room! (i'd even brave the spidery garage. :P )

Carrie June 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

you're killin' me! best secret keep ever!

CourtneyKeb June 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited to find out!!! I'd guess girl. Just a guess though.

eeepppp

little chicken wing bean! So cute, love ultrasound pictures!!!

Devon June 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

ooooh the suspense!!! you're definitely leaving us hanging with the gender and name!!!

(we aren't going to find out with ours... but i think it will be tough not to!)

Colleen June 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Your baby has the cutest chicken wing ever! (I think I'm fairly safe in saying that.) I love ultrasounds, it's like a little sneak peek.

The whole getting ready for baby thing is exactly what you said... scary and exciting, but mostly exciting!

Alyssa S. June 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Chicken wing...hee hee. If I had to guess, I'd have to say it was a leg. I think I saw toes. What always stumped me was when they went through the whole "that's the liver and the kidneys". I was always like, "uh huh, if you say so". They looked like blobs to me. Anything not skeletal or moving (like the heart) was lost on me. Then there was the 3D shot the doc volunteered with Merrick (I never asked for it) and he looked like such an alien!

OMG...are you prepared for a little someone bigger than Charlie??

Anonymous,  June 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Aww, I cant wait to know gender and the name <3 Definitely a chicken wing and the bubbles crack me up!
xx

soul_searching_mama June 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

It does look like a chicken wing! I'm going crazy with this gender secret though. lol I can't wait to find out and to find out the name! :D

amy June 14, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

what a pretty/handsome chicken wing! ;)

i didn't do a THING to my babe's "nursery" (at the time, a glorified closet off our bedroom) until the last week of my pregnancy.

was always in shock at the people who pulled together their baby's rooms MONTHS in advance. that will never be me!

btw, i like your style -- finding out the gender yourself (i could never wait), but keeping it a secret. fun!

beka June 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Okay. It kinda DOES look like a chicken wing. But the only reason why I'm agreeing with that funky-yet-unreasonably-obvious idea is that I just finished off my 4th cup of coffee. That's more than my day's allotment. ;)

(sticks hand up high as if in a class room) Oh, I wanna come over! Making a baby room all cozy sounds like a lovely thing to do...oh yeah, and help with little childrens;)
Too bad it would take me 2 days of driving to get down there...

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

The bubbles are great! That's so fun. I'd help you... but I think it would take me many hours to get there... :)

Mrs. Mommy June 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

I have a chicken wing picture too! lol! Our tech was terrible and printed out pictures for us that even the tech couldn't tell us what they were...so I have a chicken wing!

We never found out the sex with our son, which drove people nuts! Congrats! You have a beautiful little bean in there!

Rebecca June 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I will drive to Abeline (I don't even know how to spell that and I've lived in Texas my whole life) from Dallas... IF it means that I get to find out the gender. I have no IDEA why this is so important to me... But it is. It really, really is. :)

Lacey June 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

YAY! Ultrasound pics are the best! I love them so much, I'd probably love a picture of my gall bladder if I had one...a picture that is, not the gall bladder. I have one of those. hehe.

P.S. I totally have my guess for what I think baby bean's gender is and I am SO not telling you. It's my very own secret. ;)

LeAnna June 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Aw, such a sweet little chicken winged fishie! I can't wait to have our "big" u/s, but unless they have a cancellation I have to wait until the 25th. Boohoo.

Christina June 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Thanks for sharing some u/s pictures. Exciting!:)

Rogue Wild June 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

aaawww I love ultrasound pictures!! I think its another boy =o) can't wait to find out and hear the name! It took us until the last week to agree on a name, the drama of a name lol

If I lived in TX I'd be over in a heartbeat to help ya! Especially since my boys are gone for the next month.

Post a Comment