Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Young Love

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tia: Its Thursday night. I'm lying on the couch in fleece Christmas themed pajama pants, belly sticking out from underneath my shirt, chocolate around my lips from all of the temptation that I just gave into . Halfway through Greys Anatomy, I remember "crap, Flashback Friday". I glance over the back of the couch at Christopher, who is sitting at the big computer, and a light bulb goes off in my head. He can do Flashback Friday this week. Right? Can't he? I'm tired. I've chased after two babies all day, one of them with a brand new tooth, the other with a heavy dose of attitude- I just want to lay. Even though he just spent nearly two hours upstairs fighting with the bedroom toilet, a sight that I'm glad I got to avoid, I know that hes just going to be looking up Air Force news and spy on his Facebook friends. Surely, he can dig through the diaper box, pull out a picture, and write a little something. So, if you'll excuse me tonight friends, me and my squirmy baby bump have some Private Practice to watch.


Christopher: Can you believe this is us? Minivan-driving, Air Force base-living, three children-having... us? Way back in 2005, five years ago, before Eleanore was even a thought in our minds- we flew from Portland to Boise, to visit my family for my Mom's birthday. It was the first time Tia was introduced to any of them, and the first time that any of them were introduced to her. And she met them all at once.

This picture was taken at Camels Back Hill in Boise. I know you all love my hair. And Tia's red lipstick.

Now we're all grown up, but... we still like wearing ridiculous sunglasses and posing for photos together.

*************************

If you'd like to play along, please do. You're all more than welcome to pull up a photo, write a little bit about it, and post your link to the list below! Make sure to grab our Flashback button (way down there at the bottom of the page), or text link us- so that your readers find their way back here, see the other fun flashbacks, and maybe want to join in on the fun too :)



19 comments:

TexasBobbi March 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

I love her headband, also you guys look so cute together.

Mommy Elephant Sarah March 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

I looked just like Tia about 5-8 years ago!! Same hair and everything.

Oh Mandie March 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

You guys look totally rad! But yeah, I do kinda sorta find the fact that you went from what was in that picture to driving a minivan. I hope you at least had a rad air freshener :)

Loddelina March 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM  

Hello, Christopher,

Nice picture! And yes,we do love that lipstick!

CraftGirlAlli March 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

Love it! Isn't it fun to look back and see how much we've changed...esp after having children. The things that seemed so important to us just 5 years ago compared to what is important to us now.

Fallon March 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Well done Christopher :)
Yes, it's been established we all love your hair but lets not leave out that awesome tank top your wearing. Tia look at those perfectly shaped red lips! Oh mama!

They call me mommy... March 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

I love that your husband is willing to do your post for you! How sweet! Good one Christopher! Love the picture!

Chana@ Mamma Town March 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Seriously Tia, you should teach classes somewhere on how to properly wear red lipstick! For the life of me I CAN'T! It always ends up on my teeth or smearing all over my lips and then I end up looking like "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" or some sort of freaky clown.

Johanna March 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

great post Christopher! love this one of you two. it's nice to see what a couple was like before kids, careers, life took over!

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Good job Christopher!!

And Tia, you look hot with those red lips!!

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

I don't know why my link posted 3 times...whoops!! Sometimes me and computers are NOT friends!

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Love that lipstick, Tia! And Awesome sunglasses, Christopher!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations March 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

What a cute shot!! It is amazing how time flies.

Alyssa S. March 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Love it! I remember the first time I met my hubby's family. It was the same thing...all at once. They were VERY loud and I come from a quiet family. They kind of freaked me out!

Colleen March 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

What a difference five years and a kid or two can make. I tell ya, those kids grow you up fast! Darn kids.

Angela March 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

You do not even look like the same people!! Way to go Tia- for resting! Way to go Christopher for taking Tia's place!

Alita March 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

It is amazing how fast time flies by. It seems so cliche and so empowering all at the same time. Great post!

Post a Comment