Saturday, January 16, 2010
I have to admit it, I'm horrible with accepting blog awards, or participating in fun little "tag, you're it" type games. I always get excited when somebody leaves me the link to a "happy blog award" (really, I get giddy), yet... it completely slips my mind and I never properly accept it. I'm going to try to start being better about that. Because as nice as it is to have been given these fun button style certificates, its got to be even more fun to pass them out to other bloggers.
The other day I was tagged over at Sweet Fancy. Her blog is always filled with house warming inspirations, and I always click away feeling like I need more pillows for my beds and couches (ok we only have one couch, but someday we'll have grown up furniture, and I'll want pillows, I just know it). I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Probably 7 things that you don't already know, otherwise this game wouldn't be very much fun, would it? Well I don't think its fair to tell you things about just me, so I'm going to tell y'all 7 things about Christopher and Tia. We're a team after all, and by now you're probably all wondering if Sasquatch really does exist, hee hee.
1. We met at a Taco Bell drive thru. Christopher was the night supervisor, and I was hungry. It was the first time I ever felt the need to force my phone number upon somebody, and rather than just writing it down on a napkin and throwing it away, he went into the back and came back with his cell phone in hand, all ready for programming in a new contact. Its been love (a rocky sort of love at times) ever since.
2. We had our wedding vows tattooed on our bodies for our one year wedding anniversary. Mine are on my left forearm, and his are on the back of his right calf. We got them done at Screamin' Ink, here in Abilene, back in 2007. I constantly get asked what my arm says, followed by "why is it upside down?". Well its upside down, so that I can read it. I didn't get my wedding vows tattooed on my arm for you, silly world.
3. We never went on a honeymoon. When we got married in March of 2006, we were in the 3rd month of our first pregnancy, we were broke, and we were about to go our separate ways for the beginning of the rest of our lives. In other words, I didn't feel good, we didn't have enough money for one, and Christopher was about to leave for his military training.
4. Our first big purchase that we made together, was our $75 yellow Kenmore vacuum. We purchased it at the Lloyd Center Sears in Portland, and after all this time (ok it hasn't been that long I guess, 5 years-ish), we still have it.
5. We love end of the world movies. Love them. Crappy made for tv ones, big screen world explosion ones, we go crazy for them. Somehow, we haven't seen 2012 yet (I say somehow like its an actual mystery. We don't have a regular babysitter, and we're pathetic when it comes to getting out of the house for date nights). Personally, when I stop to think about the world actually coming to an end, I can't breathe and curl up into a little ball (the thought of my babies not living out full lives makes drives me insane), but I love nothing more than sitting back and watch it happen on tv.
6. We're lactose intolerant. Not just me and Christopher, but both of the kids as well. Like I said yesterday on Twitter... cows milk is dirty!
7. We've never been camping. Growing up as a kid, I went camping with my family multiple times every summer, I have some of my very best memories from camping trips, but now as adults, we don't even own sleeping bags. Maybe after we've left Texas (I don't know, but scorpions and rattlesnakes just aren't my thing, and I know that there seem to be way more of them outside of our luxurious house), we'll make it into more of a habit. I bet the kids would love it. And by then, they'll be old enough to do dishes (heee).
Now, to tag a few other folks that I hope will play along...
1. Such Is My Life
2. Pickles On Pizza
3. Muddy Boots
4. The Girl Made From Color
5. Maria Soleil
6. Good Knits!
7. Mommy Elephants Everyday Adventures
Have a great weekend everybody!