Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Tee Suit

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We've recently banned the word "fat" from our house. After calling my 3 year old daughter beautiful, she actually responded to me with the following sentence... "no, I'm not beautiful. I'm fat"

...Wow.

If that's not a reality forced blow to the head, I don't know what is. I didn't realize that I said that about myself as often as I do, but, we're putting an end to that right now. I don't want my daughter growing up thinking shes anything less than perfect. Shame on me. If anyone catches me using the F word, smack me.

And with that said- have I mentioned how difficult it is to dress a chubby baby?


We recently got this Tee Suit (a super cute one piece outfit made out of a recycled t shirt) from Seattle based designer x marks the tot. When it came to picking out which suit to get, I was completely overwhelmed. "But... there... are... so... many..." I hypnotically thought. I called Christopher over to the computer to help me monitor shop, and we decided on this random blue one. Because, we like horses?


This particular suit is a size B (12-24m). We actually decided on this one (not just because we like horses) because it was a short-suit, rather than a pant-suit. But for a fa- *smack!* chubby baby, that's exactly what we need. As you can see from the picture directly above, it fits our 8 month old like it was made for him, with growing room even (very rare for an f baby). And for being made out of recycled materials, the quality of the suit is excellent.

Must. Get. More.

6 comments:

Fallon September 2, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

I've said it once but that little boy is the cutest thing ever! Those arms are adorable!

lollywood September 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

charlie looks so cute in his new suit! and it looks super comfy too!! that shop looked like so much fun and it's a perfect way to recycle cute shirts!

Unknown September 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Aw, that comment from Elie is so sad! But she's so young and I'm sure those thoughts will be completely out of her head by next week.

As for your little pudge, that is the CUTEST tee suit!!

Alyssa S. September 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Wow, that is a wake up call! I don't know what inspired me, but somewhere along the way, I decided never to use the word fat in front of the kids. I'm glad I did. Once Amelia pointed out this very large man to me in the store and said "mommy that's a BIG boy" and I was completely grateful she didn't know to say fat. I would have DIED.

I looovvveee those kind of suits. Merrick wore those until he got on 2 feet. Once he started walking I stopped buying one piece anything for him. Cute, cute, cute!

Hobocamp Crafts September 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

we have the same stroller- the babe is soo adorable! Charlie- kid you are too cute!

Tia Colleen September 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Fallon- Thank you so much! I'll be sad the day his rolls melt away.

lollywood, doesn't it looks way TOO comfy? I want a tee suit, haha.

Elegant- Unfortunately, Eleanore doesn't seem to forget anything, ever. She'll probably remember the word fat forever. But maybe, I'm HOPING, that I'm too late, and it'll fade away from her vocabulary.

Aly- I hope that my kids can be like that. I'd much rather they look at people as being "big" or "small", if they're going to name names. The words fat and skinny can both be so mean.

Hobo- my cousin has that stroller too :) We've had it for years, since Elie was a baby. Its a trooper, hehe.

Post a Comment